Not open for further replies.

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Pentax just announced a new firmware v1.01 is available for the new camera:

http://www.pentax.jp/english/support/digital/k-x_s.html

Changes to V1.01

* Added three kinds of particular effect shooting function (Pre-set 1,2 and 3) on [Cross Processing].
* Added assignment of Cross Processing function to the green button.
* Improved accuracy of Battery Level Indicator under specific conditions and improved stability for general performance.

Cheers all K-x users :)

good news to us. thanks.

dang... my k-x is with me now in office, but my battery level is orange.... =( cannot upgrade now..

where is my 1.03 for K-7 ;( hehe

That's a great update, Fengwei.
This is definitely good news for K-x owners, and potential ones!

Thanks Fengwei for the update.
strange. My k-x went to Malaysia, took about 300+ shots and still full green but after flashing the new ROM, it became orange power. Anyone encountered this phenomenon?:think:

i think the bottomline is still..battery indicator cannot trust, including lithium recharge-ables, very erratic.

strange. My k-x went to Malaysia, took about 300+ shots and still full green but after flashing the new ROM, it became orange power. Anyone encountered this phenomenon?:think:

then maybe need another firmware fix to fix the firmware... :think: :bsmilie:

update on the firmware! it now seems to recognize alkalines better...

I love the new cross processing options! never really liked the red version when it comes out randomly. but i like the yellow version.. good that i can choose now..

This morning when i switched it on again and took a few sample shots the battery registered at full power again. yeah! :sweat:

Well I have a different outcome, now the test duracell alkaline won't even power up the camera. Looks like firmware 1.01 simply stop power up if it cannot recognise the battery.

Bought sony 2700mah. Now working so far so good.

Mine switches to yellow and red status ^_^">

I've never encountered any battery issue even before updating to 1.01
Everything works fine with 1.01 :)
Loving my white k-x more and more now :angel:

After I loaded the 1.01 firmware, I notice the battery turns orange after I release the button.
Is it because I did not use a fully charged battery in loading the new firmware (actually I saw battery indicator as full green and I had taken over 300 shots with a new set of batteries after purchase.
Getting a little frustrated with this.
Can I download it one more time with a fully charged battery?
Thanks for any help on this.

battery indicators can not be trusted always, problems like this happen to manufacturer lithiums as well..all i can say is try to search the various forums for tips.

Actually before I loaded the new firmware it was running OK - I was very happy with it.
After loading with the new firware, everything seems to slow down. I charged a new set of Eneloop and with less than 100 shots, the orange indicator comes up.
I am recharging the rechargeable batteries again and see how it goes.
Someone recommended on and off the LV - but no change for me.
I am not sue if the new firmware reference a fully charge battery. That was the reason why I ask if I could reload the new firmware again using a fully charged set of batteries.

Actually before I loaded the new firmware it was running OK - I was very happy with it.
After loading with the new firware, everything seems to slow down. I charged a new set of Eneloop and with less than 100 shots, the orange indicator comes up.
I am recharging the rechargeable batteries again and see how it goes.
Someone recommended on and off the LV - but no change for me.
I am not sue if the new firmware reference a fully charge battery. That was the reason why I ask if I could reload the new firmware again using a fully charged set of batteries.

I would suggest you buy a SANYO Ni-MH 2700. It has recharge and durable.

Last edited:
Tay76101 - Tks for your suggestion.
I went to to a few shops(including Harvey Norman near my home) and they do not sell the Sanyo Rechargeable batteries. Can share where got sell? Tks
Actually I notice when I charge the Eneloops the second time, I notice hissing sound - is this normal?
The second recharged eneloops with slightly less than 100 shots - and the camera indicator change to orange. So maybe have to change the battery to 2700 mah

Status
Not open for further replies.