K-x Kit 2 - 50-200mm

alwaysthere

Jun 3, 2008
Hi all,

Thinking of getting the kit 2 for k-x since it is only $117 more.

I am a complete newbie for this and would like to ask if I will get to use this often compare to the 18-55mm which I will have since I will be taking more of photos of people then landscape? Especially love night shoots.

Thanks!

if u compare the usage between lenses, then surely 1 lens will always get used more often then the other... its about shooting styles...

getting this lens is not about whether you will use it as often as the 18-55, but rather having the versatility of having a tele when u need it...

you will definitely use it... :)

ic.. thks flowerpot.. so it would be a worthwhile investment or should i hone my skills before getting a good DA telelens?

ic.. thks flowerpot.. so it would be a worthwhile investment or should i hone my skills before getting a good DA telelens?

i dunno whats the price/package they are offering , but if really only $117 more then its a very good deal... i would even buy it personally...

50-200 is a good start, even if 1 day u were to get a better tele, this lens is useful as a "trash it as you like" lens or for travelling...

a good DA tele is very ex if you are refering to those DA*/FA*, no at least $1400 no need to think...

$117 for a very decent 50-200mm is very good value. It's a good idea to get it and start shooting with it to see if longer focal lengths might suit your style. Even if you eventually end up shooting mostly in the <50mm range, it'll still work great on those occasions when you need a telephoto lens.

For just S$117 more for the DAL 50-200mm, I'd say it is terrific value.
It is pretty good optically too, and very compact and light weight.
Great for subject isolation shots, portrait headshots and easy enough to shoot handheld even at the long end. With the kit lens, this should be able to cover most shooting situations.

You can shoot shots like this (at 200mm). Shot with the K-7 but with the WR version of the 50-200mm.
4400467546_315053ebd4_o.jpg

Last edited:
thks to all for ur advice. I will have to check if they have stock.. :)

Take the dual set . Very worth the money :)

Even If dun like it in the end , U still can fetch a decent price for the 50-200mm DAL

huh.. nt the colour i want. :(

ya... was thinking either the red or white.. AH!!!!!!!

the price difference is quite wide if get separately... :(

I think SLR Revo allow you to get the dual kit set in red or white but the 50-200 lens will be black and not white/red. It will be the same price as the dual black kit lens. Can call them to check

I think SLR Revo allow you to get the dual kit set in red or white but the 50-200 lens will be black and not white/red. It will be the same price as the dual black kit lens. Can call them to check

last i checked, dual kit set price only for black at slr revolution.

thks man, waiting for their reply.. apparently have to pre-order

what do u mean pre-order?
they told u this?
is it possible to get the red/white kit + 55-300 if pre-order..?
coz i also stuck juz like u~~

TIA

im stuck too.. haiz..

what do u mean pre-order?
they told u this?
is it possible to get the red/white kit + 55-300 if pre-order..?
coz i also stuck juz like u~~

TIA

You don't understand the meaning of pre-order?SLRR has been doing this for quite some time already.....