K-r Review: Whats your reaction?

evolutioner

May 7, 2010
[youtube]XrN7xiHGg80[/youtube]

done by digitalrev.

How do u feel after watching it?

The cam has been out for over half a year, any review won't make much difference now 'cause we got enough K-r users to share their actual feelings and experiences, and personally I feel these are more useful than a review by now :)

What I saw was 10% review, 20% random commentaries, 70% walking around. He seems to come into reviewing with the mindset of it not being CaNikon, and the bias shows. He did reveal some genuine issues (e.g. noisy AF, AF/MF switch getting stuck, which I won't comment because I don't know how AF compares with other cams) but most of his negative comments stem from "that's not how CaNikon does it!" which is a terrible way of reviewing anything. If you feel x does something better than y you explain what x does and why it's better than y's method.

Last edited:
thats 12 minutes of my life ill never get back..

Last edited:
DigitalRev again.... I got no reaction 'cos I refuse to watch it! :cool: I wouldn't bother with him even if I was a canikon user, complete waste of time....

reaction: that its a total and complete waste of time?

i think pentaxians really don't need to be so thin-skinned about such things. life's too short. :bsmilie:

Watch it n hate it. He made such sucky reviews. He's a Nikon/Leica Fanboy. He hates Canon too.

[youtube]XrN7xiHGg80[/youtube]

done by digitalrev.

How do u feel after watching it?

I have not watched it and I will eventually but I don't think it will affect anything I feel about the K-r.

Is it perfect? No. It certainly could be better. Same for the K-5.

Is it bad? No. It's definitely a lot superior in many ways compared to the competition.

Is it something I will use for at least the next few months (either that or the K-5)? For sure, couldn't think of any other option. So what would I feel about the video? We're all used to it by now, seeing people pass silly comments such as "you can't go wrong with Canikon" here in CS. :)

I think bad review is still better than no review at all. At least, those who want to get a dslr, know that such a brand exists and perhaps will include it in their what-camera-to-buy list.

Can anyone show me ONE serious review of ANY camera this guy has made? Sorry, i don't think it's ever his intention to do so...

This type of nonsense review, I will never click on the link to increase their site hits.

The video is probably there to get more "likes" from Canikon users

This is what our society call for right now, pointless but entertaining shows.

Its the same as the UK tv show Top Gear and Fifth Gear, the entertaining one always beats the sensible ones.
In fact, this digitalrev is copying the style from Top Gear.

Oh well, After all if we needed the real information, there're tonnes of proper reviews out there.

I saw the lens dropped from the lens mount of the camera. Dun think if you pass the Kr to a monkey, it will ever happen.:bsmilie:

Anyway, I dun own a Kr.

marcus

Sometime when the product is too good, it is very difficult to find faults. So he ends up complaining about color, screw, pop-up flash, dropping lens, etc. He did say some good stuff about the Kr.

After watching his review, I only regret for not getting a white Kr.

I don't think of him seriously, but I agree on most of his points... like pushing the lens release button but not to extent that it will drop off...

Last edited: