K-R replacement coming soon?

Yamakasi

Jan 26, 2008
from Pentax K-r discontinued | Photo Rumors

After the Pentax K-r body was listed as discontinued at B&H, today Pentax Japan officially confirmed on Twitter that orders for the K-r will not be accepted after December 9, 2011. It will be interesting to see if Pentax (now owned by Ricoh) will release a replacement during the PMA show in early January 2012.

Currently all Pentax K-r versions are listed as discontinued at B&H except the K-r + 18-55mm lens kit:

:think::think::think:

Hope they dun discontinue k-5

from Pentax K-r discontinued | Photo Rumors

After the Pentax K-r body was listed as discontinued at B&H, today Pentax Japan officially confirmed on Twitter that orders for the K-r will not be accepted after December 9, 2011. It will be interesting to see if Pentax (now owned by Ricoh) will release a replacement during the PMA show in early January 2012.

Currently all Pentax K-r versions are listed as discontinued at B&H except the K-r + 18-55mm lens kit:

:think::think::think:

Photorumours puts out unsubstantiated posts to elicit a response. So far, they have not provided any credible source. So why do you choose to believe in rumours???

Secondly, Pentax Japan has confirmed that only orders for the special coloured K-r will cease after 9 Dec. Only custom coloured models... Get it?

Who the heck cares about an online listing on B&H, they are not a distributor but merely a retailer?
You'd probably get a better picture by checking with our local distributor. After all, our distributor managed to get the K-r AND the K-5 ahead of everybody else around the world.

Last edited:
Photorumours puts out unsubstantiated posts to elicit a response. So far, they have not provided any credible source. So why do you choose to believe in rumours???

Secondly, Pentax Japan has confirmed that only orders for the special coloured K-r will cease after 9 Dec. Only custom coloured models... Get it?

i am still trying to decide if its a good thing to have an active and passionate user base, even though its one that tends to over-react. some of the discussions over at PF makes me laugh sometimes :bsmilie:

it probably makes sense to discontinue the special coloured K-r. it had generated sufficient hype, sold (i assume) a good number of bodies that will serve as walking advertisements for the brand and as the model ages, will probably generate less and less interest and sales.

i actually don't mind if they take a bit of time to consolidate the merger, work on synergies for both brands before releasing a solid, competitive product.

*saw title thread
*excitement = :eek::D

*saw "photorumors"
excitement = :embrass::cry:

I think the PF folks are plain bored at home since its winter and they clear leave for the end of the year and christmas. :)

Nothing substantial for the past few months in the rumours section. Frankly.

have u seen the pentax full frame facebook page,
Pentax Full Frame | Facebook

if that comes in Jan, it is exciting.

the facebook site is started by Adam, the owner of pentaxforums, together with the owner of Pentaxeros, a spanish language forum for pentax users. they've been raving about a letter they sent to pentax asking for a FF since october.

I think the PF folks are plain bored at home since its winter and they clear leave for the end of the year and christmas. :)

totally agree. waste of bandwidth, flogging the same dead horse.

I hope there's still stock in the local shops in Singapore... Planning to get it in 5days...

Just like the Pentax Full Frame - An official statement thread, can't believe there are more than 1800 replies under that thread for a 'statement' like that! I guess some people just got too much free time...

I have always toyed with the idea of getting a full frame camera. Then I think of the weight I'd have to lug around to have equivalent options.. And the exponential price of filters because you have to use the 100mm? filters instead of the p series size I use.. Then I just hug my APS-C camera and the beaten up 10-20 I have and go out to shoot. :bsmilie:

I have always toyed with the idea of getting a full frame camera. Then I think of the weight I'd have to lug around to have equivalent options.. And the exponential price of filters because you have to use the 100mm? filters instead of the p series size I use.. Then I just hug my APS-C camera and the beaten up 10-20 I have and go out to shoot. :bsmilie:

That's why I got into Panasonic m4/3 system, they are far easier to carry around even than our Pentax cameras and lenses, and image quality is more than enough for family and travel photos :)

A lot dSLR users including full frame users also did the same, some even totally switched to m4/3.

That's why I got into Panasonic m4/3 system, they are far easier to carry around even than our Pentax cameras and lenses, and image quality is more than enough for family and travel photos :)

A lot dSLR users including full frame users also did the same, some even totally switched to m4/3.

its the eternal balance between what is "very good" and what is "good enough"... :bsmilie:

Yes, I have been looking at M4/3 for a while, but the trouble is the ergonomics and VF...

I'm still toying with the idea of getting a X100, but can't justify it. It's just going to be a toy to play with, as far as I can see. And I don't like buying too many toys. :bsmilie: