K-7 sample photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

skypacker

Oct 18, 2006
Link stolen from DPR. Lots of sample photos here, both low as well as high ISO.
Filter results by camera.
http://pentax.photoble.net/?L=en

IQ looks very good; nothing to be worried about. Excellent detail even at higher ISOs :thumbsup:

Is my laptop o.k. or not a single pics tooks like taken by SLR ...
perhaps I should have bought a MAC ...this stupid laptop hanged- out where now and then at amy time, resolution also unstable one....

If I read reviews, I also got COok eye, like my Pentax AF-C.

Is my laptop o.k. or not a single pics tooks like taken by SLR ...
perhaps I should have bought a MAC ...this stupid laptop hanged- out where now and then at amy time, resolution also unstable one....

If I read reviews, I also got COok eye, like my Pentax AF-C.

Buy a a good external monitor if you want to view/edit photos properly, since laptop displays are usually not up to the task (unless it's a dedicated high end photo-editing laptop). Most, if not all, of the mainstream laptops use TN panels to keep the costs down, and this means that color reproduction and viewing angles are generally very poor. With a slight shift in viewing angles, you'll see a shift in colors and/or drop in contrast/brightness.

Same applies to external LCDs too...don't get TN...get S-IPS or PVA/MVA. As i wrote in another thread, you can pick up a 24" Philips S-IPS panel for about SG$750 which is a good deal for a long term investment. Smaller 20-22" panels can be had for cheaper and will be more than sufficient for photo editing. You can connect those as a secondary display to the laptop's VGA/HDMI port.

The difference between my laptop screen and my desktop's Dell 2407WFP-HC LCD is ridiculous. :embrass: Even after calibration, the laptop doesn't come anywhere close to the monitor.

EDIT: check out the Dell ultrasharp 2209WA. It's an IPS 22" widescreen model for only SG$349....an excellent price.
http://www1.ap.dell.com/sg/en/business/wide_ultra/20_22lcd/cp.aspx?refid=20_22lcd&s=bsd&cs=sgbsd1

Last edited:
Looks like the pictures need still need to be sharpened and contrast adjustments made (and some adjusted quite aggressively in PS.)

has anyone tested with tamron 17-50 f2.8, sigma 70-200 f2.8 or all in ones like 18-200, 18-250 and so on?

i also would like to see how it does with cheaper lenses like the original kit 18-55 (non-WR) as well as 75-300.

any comments on events shooting like noise control, focus seeking and so on?

I had a 17" samsung external monitor try connected to PC no picture but monitor O.K. and tried connected to my brother desktop monitor o.k. and blank screen, also is this end of cycle life.

Looks like the pictures need still need to be sharpened and contrast adjustments made (and some adjusted quite aggressively in PS.)

has anyone tested with tamron 17-50 f2.8, sigma 70-200 f2.8 or all in ones like 18-200, 18-250 and so on?

i also would like to see how it does with cheaper lenses like the original kit 18-55 (non-WR) as well as 75-300.

any comments on events shooting like noise control, focus seeking and so on?

Well, this is a given, being digital imaging - shoot RAW and we'll need to pp (sharpen, adjust curves etc.), shoot JPG and the camera does it for us.

Mmm. You may have to give us K-7 owners-to-be some time to check these out, especially for events shooting. The darn thing hasn't landed in our hands yet! ;p

Ask again in, say, a month and I'll be happy to give my opinion for event shoots. :)

I had a 17" samsung external monitor try connected to PC no picture but monitor O.K. and tried connected to my brother desktop monitor o.k. and blank screen, also is this end of cycle life.

P3ntx, I agree with skypacker. Get a good IPS LCD and, if necessary, upgrade your computer to pp the files. It'll make viewing the photos a much more pleasant experience. My 20" iMac has the dreaded TN screen, which I'm not too happy about, showing all the colour shifts and other flaws of TN screens.

Last edited:
Gotten the K7 along with frank... The noise level is way beyond better compared with the 'sample' camera. Its exceed my current work-horse K10. So am not making noise over the noise level.

The followings are too good to be true. K7 'revived' my 2 old workhorse lenses too, namely-

Tokina ATX 28-70 f/2.8. (It doesn't focus at the long end of 70mm with istD & k10)
Tamron SP90mm F/2.5 (K7 took care of its severed back-focused issues)

Gotten the K7 along with frank... The noise level is way beyond better compared with the 'sample' camera. Its exceed my current work-horse K10. So am not making noise over the noise level.

The followings are too good to be true. K7 'revived' my 2 old workhorse lenses too, namely-

Tokina ATX 28-70 f/2.8. (It doesn't focus at the long end of 70mm with istD & k10)

Wow, that is positive news for the K7. Congrats on the new addition to the family.:)

yes David... 'addition' to the family. :)

Having faith all these years sure pays off.

Nice..all these years, you are really a patient guy..:bsmilie:

Good to know the new camera solved your lenses issue.:)

That's a great news. I haven't done any test yet. Just finished charging the battery :)

And a couple of days ago I just bought a Tamron SP 90/2.8 macro too. Just wanna play new toys ;)

That's a great news. I haven't done any test yet. Just finished charging the battery :)

And a couple of days ago I just bought a Tamron SP 90/2.8 macro too. Just wanna play new toys ;)

Seems like your financial controller is very lax..always green light upgrading of equipment every year....:bsmilie:

Tammy 90mm that was my first lens after the k100d kit, it was so good that after one event, I looked at the len with mystery when I put it on the dry, I statue the len whenever I gonna touch it.

One more thing about Pentax Camera, it also unpromised with exciting features that will make your journey of photograhy magical and fill with thrill with many surprises like ardo tido (the robot from star wars).

To add on to last night's amazing discovery... besides the Tokina ATX 28mm-70mm & Tamron SP90mm, this morning's 'work again' lenses are Tokina ATX 20mm-35mm, Tamron Mirror SP500mm, All systems Go!

All of a sudden, the working bag seems too small.

Haiz.... when will this buying ends?:dunno: But then again.... nice problems to have.

Hmm, care to elaborate on what the problems are actually and how the K7 resolve it. This is great news to people who had the same problems like yours and putting this information on Pentaxforum will help people with similar problems and motivate sales. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.