K-7 Price Drop?

Sounds excellent ! Wonder will emjay follow suit...:bigeyes:

Intend to get it next month, just nice additional bonus...
Saving of the price difference, can use to buy others accessories... :bsmilie:

Yahooo !!!:thumbsup:

haha.. it's good news, but price just shot back up..
coz of the increased demand..

The price at B&H went back to $800usd now, and I read somewhere that it's only a promotion from B&H for a certain period of time.

It's not fair to compare our local shop price with the lowest online price in the US. If you buy from US stores other than those online ones, the price is about the same, or even higher than our local price.

Aiyah, the price dip is just to coincide with Father's Day... anything to get people to buy.
Buy locally is still the best, can test and comes with local warranty.

Agree to support local when dealing with high cost items like bodies & * lenses...

Especially when the price maybe only 10-20% diff... you get a peace of mind that your investment will be cared for by our friendly emjay staff.

:thumbsup: for Kevin

USA K-7 price has been slowing going down over the past few months, if SG matches the price then it will be very hard for me to resist...

Fully agree with supporting the local pentax shops.

Unless of course the K-7 successor is announced at Photokina (K-7 with K-x sensor please, thank you very much!)

Off-topic here but talking about maintenance support by Emjay, how long does it take for a lens to get repaired?

My lens required a 'barrel change' and as such, needs to be sent to Japan for repair. I sent the lens to Emjay on 6th May and it took five weeks and a couple of chaser phone calls to Emjay just for a fee quote to be issued.

Last edited:
Price drop in US to $763.95... :sticktong

Wondering when Emjay will follow suit and tempt even more K-7 owners... :wink:

very good meh, current web rates say 1 usd = 1.39 sgd.

yes, very nice, 1061 sgd.

so on paper look very good, but don't forget that if you use CC to pay banks will take a few points off from web rates, so a safe assumption will be 1 usd = 1.42 sgd.

that's 1084 sgd, shipping cheapest by ups = 55 usd.

total, 1162 sgd. still looks good.

then, smack you with gst, *1.07 = 1243 sgd.

still looking as good? nah. is the US set's warranty honoured anyways?