Hopefully we'd see it here in SG early next week :D

Cheers!

Nice reveal...
my Japanese client got his on Thursday.
You must be thrilled to bits in anticipation, fengwei

Nice reveal...
my Japanese client got his on Thursday.
You must be thrilled to bits in anticipation, fengwei
But FW has been playing with his pre-release sample. I think the rest are definitely more eager than him. Ha.

He would have already familiar with all the buttons and menus on the camera.:bsmilie:

so the firmware has been finalized?

Very poisen thread, I am the brink yes or no! or go for lens?
Go for lens! You can always get the k7 a year or so later at ard 1k (experience from the k20d) but that will not be true for your lens.

ohh.....how I wished they have an unboxing video like what they do for pdas and smartphones...sigh..

The noise issue is getting a lot of attention there (and it seems a lot of pentax user to non-pentax usr bashing :D )

The noise issue is getting a lot of attention there (and it seems a lot of pentax user to non-pentax usr bashing :D )

It's not an issue. Just have to understand Pentax doesn't do noise reduction by default. The camera has the adjustable noise reduction so you have full control.

Just wait for a couple of more days so we can see how good/bad the retail camera works on high and low ISO :) But to be honest, it's still an APSC camera, we can't expect dramatic improvement over K20D on high ISO performance. If high ISO noise control is the priority here, better get a full frame camera.

Come on man, it's a retail camera. You think it'd still have a beta version firmware :bsmilie:
I wouldnt be surprised.

hopefully they took their time with fine tuning the beta firmware adjusted with feedback from the community. i really hate rushed firmware.

Now thats its out, there will be people who will scrutinize the camera with surgical precision. Since hardware changes is out of the question, their software side should be on standby for queries by the users.

*did they mention any changes from beta to released firmware?

k20d ISO at 1250 was very good with flash yesterday BBQ tested it... quite clean ..but declining towards 1600.

K7 should be slightly or much better ..I guessed

Today, I saw a small ad in TODAY newspaper.. by Emjay, announcing arrival of K-7 on 6th July.

"The world's most powerful compact DSLR"

A week more then...

Status
Not open for further replies.