K-7 great offer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok got this email from pentax imaging...

"Every PENTAX K-7 purchased includes an Extended Warranty valid for three years and an exclusive in-the-box coupon just for K-7 buyers for up to 15 percent savings on a variety of PENTAX lenses, flashes and binoculars."

wonder if singapore got this as well... if yes, then i dun mind going back my words of not buying the k-7 :bsmilie:

Hahaha ... I'm breaking my silence as well!

No information yet.

For your reference, this is what is coming with the K7 in the US:

3) We are including a rebate coupon with all K-7's shipped in the US (if you don't get the coupon, you likely have a grey market camera). They are numbered, and no copies are accepted (to keep fraud down). The rebate is paid out in the form of a Visa gift card. The coupon includes the following:

DA 17-70 - $90
DA 55-300 - $60
DA 10-17 - $90
DA 40 Limited - $60
DA* 16-50 - $100
AF 360FGZ - $25
AF 540FGZ - $25
8x36 DCF NV binos - $30
10x36 DCF NV binos - $30
8x25 UCF WP - $20
10x25 UCF WP - $20

from: http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/613635-post39.html

I suppose I could buy a DA40. lol.

I'm also thinking of switching camps as i haven't invested a lot in lens..;p
K-7 looks great on paper.. small size with great performance.. even kit lens also feels good..;)
Any idea what price to expect during launch in singapore?

Last edited:
I'm also thinking of switching camps as i haven't invested a lot in lens..;p
K-7 looks great on paper.. small size with great performance.. even kit lens also feels good..;)
Any idea what price to expect during launch in singapore?

Welcome :)

The MSRP in US is $1299USD, hopefully it won't be too much off from this price when it launches here :D

don't forget that they recently raised prices of the lenses :bsmilie:

but anyway good marketing move to make pentax even more value-for-money.

Lens prices have gone up everywhere, not just in Singapore, not just Pentax lenses. I guess we have to live with it now.

Sounds great. I may have a lobang for a USA set, as a friend will be going there around August (good timing!), so if local prices are not kind enough then, I'll seriously consider getting one from USA instead.

You all don't wait for K30D ?? :think:

That's because this IS the K30D!

From someone in Pentax USA:
The original name for the K-7 was the K30. However, as developement rolled on, we realized that this camera was much more than a replacement to the K20D. Therefore, we decided to move to a different number.

As far as where that number came from, it is hard to say. I probably shouldn't share this, but the original suggestion was K-9. For obvious reasons we here in the US and our European counterparts vetoed this idea.
http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/61649-there-will-no-k30.html

"Every PENTAX K-7 purchased includes an Extended Warranty valid for three years and an exclusive in-the-box coupon just for K-7 buyers for up to 15 percent savings on a variety of PENTAX lenses, flashes and binoculars."

wonder if singapore got this as well... if yes, then i dun mind going back my words of not buying the k-7 :bsmilie:
I doubt it...the offer and rebates are only for US Residents so far.

oh boy

oh boy oh boy oh boy

why do you do this to me

I MUST NOT READ ANY MORE K7 THREADS

The sensor is the same as K20D only the processor improves. But I am still looking at Pentax going beyond fuji colour, c-focus accuracy, speed. low light peformance with contract definition, dynamic range in isolation of richness in color, shadow, such such as produce soft beautiful skintone protraits nicely colour bokeh backgrounds, metering sophistication, Unrival colour definition that u don't give a thoght about photoshop. similar to HDR type of metering with more than exposure conbination and selective colour enhancement: such as :sweatsm::

oh boy

oh boy oh boy oh boy

why do you do this to me

I MUST NOT READ ANY MORE K7 THREADS

we can always send email updates to you to keep the temptation flow going!

Status
Not open for further replies.