K-7 Best Buys Sept 2010 Popular Photography

pentaxme

Jun 4, 2005
Singapore
Pentax K-7 feature in the cover page of September 2010 issue of Popular Photography as best buys :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Quote:
Pg. 63 Best Buys 2010 - Top Gear for Less
"SWEET DUO: Pairing an Pentax K-7 and 10-20mm f4-5.6 Sigma DC lens makes an ideal-and affordable-rig for landscape and cityscape enthusiasts alike."

So hang on to your K-7 :cool:

20100810040044.jpg

Last edited:
Ya! K7 owner..GoGoGo! let go cheap cheap..K5 coming.:bsmilie:

This is well deserved for K7. I expect nothing less. :thumbsup:
Time to buy the magazine.:D

ya... im hanging on to my k-x... which is a even better combi with the sigma.... :bsmilie:

Really? :eek:
But i can't help but wonder why popphoto say it's an ideal setup on the combi K7/Sigma1020.
What exactly is the jeez of that statement? :think:
Well, only to find out is to read the magazine.

why, the sigma 10-20 is a very good lens.

although since singapore's grey supply has dried up, so the price is no longer as attractive.

That's partly because of your beautiful photos from this lens :kok:

i really don't think so leh.

i thought it was more of the evil people on clubsnap constantly attacking orient photo on its "grey lens" policies... then all of a sudden, they just stopped bringing in grey lenses. sigh... at non-grey prices, it's probably more sensible to get the canon 10-22 for UWA as a canon user (for my fiance).

Canon 1022 isn't bad leh. But Pentax 1224 is better ;)

i know what you mean, but 10mm versus 12mm - for a while i tried shooting with 12mm only (on my 10-20), just to see if maybe i could consider using the 12-24, and it just wasn't the same. else i agree, the pentax has superior corner sharpness performance.

love the k7, almost made me want to jump ship one day :p

I was an Olympus user for 5yrs+ used until E-3 with many high grade lens... I sold all & jump ship to Pentax, with the k-7, now i want to built up a range of lens that i need or want to have...

sigma still can get cheap... HK online.. just cannot test... i got many lenses, all ok... :bsmilie:

Sigma & Tamron in HK dirt cheap sia. Let's say the Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 is S$620 or so here, the cheapest... in HK only S$460 to S$500. ;)

Last edited:
Just went through the magazine and found the 'Best Buys 2010' section:

The Pentax K-7 ($894, street, body only) is the least expensive DSLR with extensive weatherproofing seals, making a fine choice for nature or sports photographers on a budget. Built-in image stabilization and 100% viewfinder accuracy, too.

Pentax DA55-300 was also rated as one of the three bargain telezoom lenses (the other two: Canon 55-250/4-5/6. Sigma 70-300/4-5.6 APO DG).

After owning K-7 for a while now, I am still very fascinated with the build and features, especially the sexy look :heart:

FW, thanks for the picture.