K-5II/K-5IIs Users, Please Share Your Experiences and Photos Here

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Hey guys,

I'm sure quite some guys already bought one of these two cameras. Let's start a thread to share your experiences w/ the new cameras. I'm sure you've got some good quality photos to share too.

For a start, I've post some hands-on feelings here:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/pent...mpression-k-5iis-quick-comparison-k-30-a.html

But seems that thread doesn't go anywhere due to my lack of commitment :embrass:

Anyway, here I start this thread so you guys can come in and share what you feel about the new camera.

To me the best improvement is low light AF, it's faster and more accurate now w/ the new cameras. Even under not so dark light, K5II focuses faster than K5 w/ less hesitation. The other thing is the focus accuracy seems to improve too.

Of course if you go for K-5IIs, there might be slight resolution improvement as well, and the miore problem isn't as bad as we expected, so far I haven't even seen one of my photos has miore problem yet, and I've taken 300 to 500 photos already.

When I bought K-5 two years ago, I said it might be the last APSC camera I'd purchase. But ended up I got a K30 a few months back, and then this K-5IIs. I'd say it again that this will definitely be the LAST APSC dSLR camera I'd buy and own :)

Hey guys,

I'm sure quite some guys already bought one of these two cameras. Let's start a thread to share your experiences w/ the new cameras. I'm sure you've got some good quality photos to share too.

For a start, I've post some hands-on feelings here:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/pent...mpression-k-5iis-quick-comparison-k-30-a.html

But seems that thread doesn't go anywhere due to my lack of commitment :embrass:

Anyway, here I start this thread so you guys can come in and share what you feel about the new camera.

To me the best improvement is low light AF, it's faster and more accurate now w/ the new cameras. Even under not so dark light, K5II focuses faster than K5 w/ less hesitation. The other thing is the focus accuracy seems to improve too.

Of course if you go for K-5IIs, there might be slight resolution improvement as well, and the miore problem isn't as bad as we expected, so far I haven't even seen one of my photos has miore problem yet, and I've taken 300 to 500 photos already.

When I bought K-5 two years ago, I said it might be the last APSC camera I'd purchase. But ended up I got a K30 a few months back, and then this K-5IIs. I'd say it again that this will definitely be the LAST APSC dSLR camera I'd buy and own :)

You sure? What IF Pentax does not make FF then how?

I don't need an FF camera, otherwise I'd have got one already. The only way to make me go for FF is someone to make a FF body as compact as a K5, and also w/ the choices of affordable WR lenses, shake reduction either in body or in lens (but not too expensive). These are more important features than super fast AF to me.

Besides, I'm sure Pentax is working on one or two FF cameras right now ;)

Last edited:

Personally , I do think that 16-24mp aps-c is a much as the typical hobbist will ever need.
Be it printing (I can easily print A3 on K5, yet to try A3+), or on screen (which is already overkill)

So for me, if no FF, I will probably just get K5IIs or the next aps-c and thats it, unless DR, high iso and AF have big leaps.

I don't need an FF camera, otherwise I'd have got one already. The only way to make me go for FF is someone to make a FF body as compact as a K5, and also w/ the choices of affordable WR lenses, shake reduction either in body or in lens (but not too expensive). These are more important features than super fast AF to me.

Bro fw...i like what u said....on the way...cheers

Do you think it is wise for me to get the K5IIs or wait out? I am really keen on the IIs but will not sell off the K5 as my son wants to use it. So I will have 2 bodies eventually.

Do you think it is wise for me to get the K5IIs or wait out? I am really keen on the IIs but will not sell off the K5 as my son wants to use it. So I will have 2 bodies eventually.

If you are getting another camera, of course K5IIs is a very good option. But if you just want to upgrade your K5, I really don't know. Some might think it's worth the difference, some might not.

To myself? I'll just get the latest one first, and think later ;) IMO it's a lot better to just buy it if you want it (and can afford it) than to have a lot sleepless nights.

Last edited:
If you are getting another camera, of course K5IIs is a very good option. But if you just want to upgrade your K5, I really don't know. Some might think it's worth the difference, some might not.

To myself? I'll just get the latest one first, and think later ;) IMO it's a lot better to just buy it if you want it (and can afford it) than to have a lot sleepless nights.

Hahaha. Have to save up for it and most probably get it by end 2013 or earlier if I can sell some other lenses. Already halfway there.

Hahaha. Have to save up for it and most probably get it by end 2013 or earlier if I can sell some other lenses. Already halfway there.

End of 2013? Not 2012? By end of 2013, 等得花儿都谢啦 :devil:

Please, Need Photos K5 versus K5 IIs.

End of 2013? Not 2012? By end of 2013, 等得花儿都谢啦 :devil:

花儿谢啦, 会有新的果实.;)

Xian jai pu kou qian :lovegrin:

没有足够的钱,花少一点时间去想购买,多花时间去拍摄美丽的照片吧.:bsmilie:

没有足够的钱,花少一点时间去想购买,多花时间去拍摄美丽的照片吧.:bsmilie:

Roughly guessing what is written as I cannot read Chinese characters.

Asking me to spend less so I can quickly buy the wonderful camera?

means less gears, more photos

It really is a pity when I read really stupid comments on Pentaxforums from so called armchair experts who don't even own a K-5II or K-5IIs but make all sorts of unfounded claims about moire from the K-5IIs. Hopefully this resized photo with no PP will help dispel the FUD (fear, uncertainty & doubt) these quacks like to propagate like "moire will show up when you shoot fur or feathers"... :sticktong

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ideastoprint/8255454972/]
IMGP0539 copy by dlbj23, on Flickr[/URL]

Last edited:
It really is a pity when I read really stupid comments on Pentaxforums from so called armchair experts who don't even own a K-5II or K-5IIs but make all sorts of unfounded claims about moire from the K-5IIs. Hopefully this resized photo with no PP will help dispel the FUD (fear, uncertainty & doubt) these quacks like to propagate like "moire will show up when you shoot fur or feathers"... :sticktong

Nice pics u hv....yes so far mine no moire too....

Nice shot and +1 to the PF comments :)

Well said, bro.