K-5II/K-5IIs Users, Please Share Your Experiences and Photos Here

After much waitiing, the ridiculous price of K5-IIs finally went down, so I boguht it last Fri.
The next day Sat morning went to test shots.

Using the same "bright" setting as the old K5, I found the pics slightly oversharpen.
This shows the lack of AA filter is really sharp, the pics I took no need software sharpening. In fact I've changed the setting to"Natural", i.e. 0 sharpness, 0 contrast, everthing neutral.

(Explored) Blue Throated Bee-Eater by kengoh8888, on Flickr

(Explored) Zebra Dove by kengoh8888, on Flickr

@kengoh
So what is the new price of K-5IIs? Is it advertised anywhere? Thanks!

Thank you. I predict my wallet is going to be lighter this week! Navy open house this weekend...

Plus, u get sigma 70-300 for free, right?

That would be a bonus...I have to check it out.

Just saw SLRR facebook page...you want the Sigma lens, you pay $199.
I prefer this arrangement. I don't like people forcing me to accept and pay for things I don't want.

Thank you. I predict my wallet is going to be lighter this week! Navy open house this weekend...

Sorry for replying late, saw you already found out the price.
I bought it at $1500 nett. :)

Just got my K5IIs from TK Foto for less than S$1.5k. :thumbsup:
A quick comparision with the older K5. Nothing formal, just handheld shots...

100% crop. In-camera Bright profile
K5vsK5IIs_1.jpg

The whole scene
K5IIs_test.jpg

Seeing the pictures n reviews u guys have for the k5 ii makes me tempted to sell my Canon gear n jump to the Pentax ship! Plus the fact that k5iis does not have olpf make me more itchy :p

Seeing the pictures n reviews u guys have for the k5 ii makes me tempted to sell my Canon gear n jump to the Pentax ship! Plus the fact that k5iis does not have olpf make me more itchy :p

....... yupp ..... the naked sensor leaves nothing to the imagination ......:bsmilie: ..........;p

Last edited:
Here are some photos taken during the recent Navy open house on that overcast Saturday morning.

During the dynamic display - 1000hrs
Dynamic_display_1.jpg

Big gun of the USS Freedom that would be staying in Singapore for a year
RSS_Freedom_1.jpg

OOC pics .........

eek.jpg
eek01.jpg