K-5 Silver Limited Edition ... Here It Comes!

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
PentaxK5Silver.jpg

I'm sure it'd match some silver FA Limited lenses nicely ;p

K7_Silver_FA_Limiteds.jpg

K7_Silver_FA77_wGrip.jpg

Now who wants my black K-5? :think:

Where to get it :D

K7_Silver_FA77_wGrip.jpg

Now who wants my black K-5? :think:

:devil: very evil this posting. :devil: I want your K-5, the same price you offer me for my "stained" K-5 last year...:bsmilie:

wait... i go buy toto later... 5M is waiting for me...

I noticed that the handgrip cutout area around the IR port looks different from the black K5's? Seems like they made some ergonomic changes to the rubber just like the K20D special edition grip?

PentaxK5Silver.jpg

pentax-K-5.jpg

edit: oops look like creampuff spotted it and wrote about it on PF some hours ago

Last edited:
Ops ... seriously poisoned. I hope the silver matches the Limited lenses as the K-7 did.

Need to start collecting the chrome limited lenses. :-(

Last edited:
Hahahahaha I think Ben is goi g to sell his limited K7 for this...:devil:

This is really very chio with the silver limited lenses. Guaranteed conversation starter!

This reminds me why I went into Pentax years ago for my first SLR (film) camera.
It looks so nice that it is just like an art (at least to my native (untrained) eyes).

Actually there is a practical aspect to the silver finish.
In the past, people liked black film bodies because they were black chromed over a brass top and bottom plates. Very seasoned bodies would show brassing at the edges where the chrome was worn down. Black bodies were more expensive because of the black chrome and looked cool.

Then polycarbonate plastic came along and camera makers opted for it because it was cheaper, easier to mold, and it didn't look so bad in black and no more worn edges.

Now back full circle and we have a magnesium covered body. Now if you sway sway scratch your black K-5, you'll find the color of the magnesium base is a light grey, pretty obvious on black, but now with silver you'll be hard pressed to find where the scratches are. Plus a silver body is a lot cooler if your camera is sitting under the sun.