Some specs:

K-30
16 Mp
6 fps
ISO100-25600
Weather sealed
Full HD Video
2 e-dials
K5's viewfinder (Pentaprism w 100% coverage)
Lighter, faster but cheaper than K5
IQ better than Kr which is already very very good

Whoever don't wanna pay for a K5 (which is already a steal at the current price) can consider I guess ...

Last edited:
ok...
Weather sealed & K5's viewfinder sound good...
lets hope my K-x die soon...

Wow! I really envy those who don't have a K5 and buying Pentax.
This new camera is the perfect travel dslr I wish was available to me before.

All the K5 advantages in a lighter , cheaper package.
Perfect tool for photo making.
Tech freaks and megapix counters look elsewhere.

Source from Pentaxforums:
K-r successor from PhotoRumor - Page 31 - PentaxForums.com

imgp2422j.jpg

Some specs:

K-30
16 Mp
6 fps
ISO100-25600
Weather sealed
Full HD Video
2 e-dials
K5's viewfinder (Pentaprism w 100% coverage)
Lighter, faster but cheaper than K5
IQ better than Kr which is already very very good

Whoever don't wanna pay for a K5 (which is already a steal at the current price) can consider I guess ...

wow!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Seemed like inbetween the K7 and K5 instead maybe with all the specs listed down here..might aim for this one if i cant sell my k7 to get the k5..

wow....... that for a beginner cam?..... wow.....

call me a sucker for rugged design.....

wow....... that for a beginner cam?..... wow.....

call me a sucker for rugged design.....

agreed that it has a handsome look and the WR will really differentiate itself in the entry models

The package looks like what a regular Kx/Kr would look like. So what i am interested in is if it has a dedicated movie record button to go with the full HD and autofocus while recording. These may not be important a few years back but these days even the cheap generic phones can do HD movies (of course crippled without pentaxian glass!). Wouldn't hurt to have a bigger and taller flash too! :) Anyone interested in a cheap Kx?? ;p

Wow.. If this rumoured camera is really a K-r successor, it'll make other camps' entry level camera even more entry level.

Honestly, I am hoping that it doesn't have custom color options like the Kr too.. If not, I think I might have to purchase it in brown for my fiancée.. FML~

:'D

They might as well call it the mini k5. Just no mag alloy body only. WR with k5's viewfinder. Who want to buy k5 now? Pentax really know how to spoil market sia! Haha

looking at the pricing..i thought it sound more like k5 replacement..anyway if thats kr replacement..i cant imagine what will be k5 replacement

They might as well call it the mini k5. Just no mag alloy body only. WR with k5's viewfinder. Who want to buy k5 now? Pentax really know how to spoil market sia! Haha

They probably have sold enough K5 by now, a replacement for that would come along soon ...

They probably have sold enough K5 by now, a replacement for that would come along soon ...

I'm not complaining if Pentax keeps squeezing more & more features into their already more than reasonably priced entry level bodies... I'm all for spending less money!! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.