K-1 Review by shutterbug.com

GSiGuy

Sep 14, 2010
"My philosophy in writing these reviews has always been that I don’t like to spend the reader’s money and usually point users of existing camera systems to stick to new cameras from that same manufacturer’s system. But the impressive Pentax K-1 has me changing my mind about that. If there were ever a traditional sized DSLR that could get me to dump my existing DSLR rig and change systems, the Pentax K-1 would be it."

http://www.shutterbug.com/content/pentax-k-1-dslr-review#HkAXvRrU8KU178MH.97

:)

Wow!
What an endorsement :cool:

But after using the K1 for about 1 month, it really impresses me with the quality of the file, the handling aspect of the camera and the features and tweakability which I'm still trying to learn.

The handling could be improved.... af point visibility not good.......

The handling could be improved.... af point visibility not good.......
hmm in what ways is the handling bad for you? Too big too small or not deep enough for the finger to place? AF point visibility is not good this i also dun understand?Please enlighten me

Good article to read....one shot one kill...thumbs up

Any kind soul can let me try out the K1 :cry: my fa43 and fa77 are waiting to reunite with the full frame body..

Any kind soul can let me try out the K1 :cry: my fa43 and fa77 are waiting to reunite with the full frame body..

There will be no reunited without fa31...;)

Can you make out where the af point is thru the vf ... in the dark? That's what I mean by the handling can be improved ..... a firmware update to keep the af point lit when you choose to do it...right now it's just a very quick blink and not very distinct too....... I hope you are now enlightened. :p

Well to each his own. I don't have issues with it and can still shoot in low light.

Can you make out where the af point is thru the vf ... in the dark? That's what I mean by the handling can be improved ..... a firmware update to keep the af point lit when you choose to do it...right now it's just a very quick blink and not very distinct too....... I hope you are now enlightened. :p

It'll be great if Pentax makes this configurable.

Pentax have already delivered quite a number of configurable add-ons to their arsenal of features, so if the Ricoh GR/GR ii software upgrades' track record are an indication of what Ricoh firmware team delivers, there's hope we'll get more features implemented.

Who needs mag reviews when we have JK...

Excellent, you can engraved your own customised engravings on the dials! Rugged it shall be!

Last edited:
Excellent, you can engraved your own customised engravings on the dials! Rugged it shall be!

When camera becomes extension of one's self...can find way without looking!

I thought this is wear and tear? They will replace mer? You better don't anyhow say say... afterwards pple quote u.

Btw, you have sweaty palms si bo? How come silk screen so easy drop? I never had that issue as far back as I can remember.

Last edited:
Zenten, pls consider doing something positive.

Your trolling is not appreciated here.

Posts deleted.

Consider yourself warned.

I thought this is wear and tear? They will replace mer? You better don't anyhow say say... afterwards pple quote u.

Btw, you have sweaty palms si bo? How come silk screen so easy drop? I never had that issue as far back as I can remember.

I also dont have this issue...maybe got long finger nails....

join the pentax outing to try :p

Not sure where to post this. Another review of the K-1 "in the field"
He did most of the review with the latest lens offering by Pentax.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4017391#forum-post-57927330

He also did a review for the D FA 28-105mm f/3.5-f/5.6 lens, if any one is interested.
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4016501#forum-post-57916286

Thanks ranchy...so far Dfa 28-105 is the "cheapest" in pentax FF new lens...haha...beside the price, seems it performance is stellar...thumbs up