K-01 - Local pricing Singapore ?

benjicon

Mar 31, 2009
Singapore
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know how much the local pricing for the K-01 is going to be?? Body only and with pancake lens ? All the prices I have seen are US and UK. Also when will it arrive here ?? Are we expecting it in March as well ? or do we have to wait longer ?

Thanks .. Ben.

Very interested to know as well.

Based on indicative release price for the Q being USD799 versus K-01 body only USD749, the Q was released here for SGD999. So the body only will be SGD900+?

With the pancake lens probably SGD1000-1100... But let's wait for confirmation as this is just postulation. Best if lower. :bsmilie:

Going by the same logic, 35mm f/2.4 AL was released at USD220, while the 40mm f/2.8 XS will be released at USD250...

So if you recall the price for the 35mm f/2.4 AL, you can roughly add 30-50 dollars to that for the stand-alone price?

The local price might be slightly cheaper than the US announced price. I heard the set (w/ the 40XS) price is less than $900SGD. ETA in March :)

The local price might be slightly cheaper than the US announced price. I heard the set (w/ the 40XS) price is less than $900SGD. ETA in March :)

WHUUUUUUT!! :eek:

Well my minds made up.. K-01 it is. Thanks Frank. :)

Oh one other thing, Is anyone in Singapore taking pre-orders yet ??

Thanks.

They really price to sell.... :thumbsup:

If it's less than S$900/- for the set, it's a bloody steal! WOOT!!!!!!

They really price to sell.... :thumbsup:

this is call 物优所值 not evil business selling of items that don't really worth the price leh hahaha. Thought I got anxiety problems hahaha seems like TS more anxious than me in knowing k-01 price hehehehe

Oh one other thing, Is anyone in Singapore taking pre-orders yet ??

Thanks.

I think it's too early to do pre-order now. Let's give Emjay sometime, I'm sure they'd help us early adopters to get the new cameras in earlier than most other counties :)

I saw the 40mm f2.8 lens so slim... worthy of calling itself 'pancake lens'... see already also tempted to buy.

wrx_sti_22b said:
I saw the 40mm f2.8 lens so slim... worthy of calling itself 'pancake lens'... see already also tempted to buy.

People are joking that it should be called a crepe lens.

The DA40xs is supposed to be US$250 alone right? So the body + kit lens will be really, really price competitive if so!

Am tempted, but will want to see and hold it first before I decide. :)

Was quite set on micro 4/3s something, and now this...:confused:
if really <900, then looks v worth

edutilos- said:
People are joking that it should be called a crepe lens.

How abt we call it the blade lens ^_^

When you have da40ltd, the dilemma is whether to sell it and get the da40xs?:dunno:

When you have da40ltd, the dilemma is whether to sell it and get the da40xs?:dunno:

Same here. The DA40ltd, is a fine lens. One of the sharpest and in many ways, I preferred it to the FA31 even. I would get the < $900 kit and compare the two lenses. If the XS is equivalent to the DA40ltd, I'd probably sell it off, but if it isn't, should be quite easy to sell off the XS or use it on my NEX :)

Last edited:
I always find it headscratching how Pentax prices some of it's products, like the Pentax Q.

But if the K-01 is going to be around$900, then it's a steal!

Basically a K-5, just without the eye piece, but with better video.