JVC-GY-100u Sell it or use it?

czgheib

Apr 15, 2011
Hello I am a new member here, my name is Charbel, I go to a Academy of Art in San Francisco.

I have recently purchased for a very cheap price a JVC-GY-100U with a few accessories, It was a fixer upper and it just came out of the shop.

So now I'm debating putting it up on amazon for a hefty profit or reading the owners manual and using it. If you think I should use it, I would like some suggestions on what to do with it, ie Weddings, events, movies, music videos. I'm very artistically inclined and do have ideas on scenes in a movie but no script or anything. Also Is this camera becoming obsolete? Should I sell it while is still holds value? Or is too much camera for someone who has never used a professional camera.

use it... :)

cheers

use it... :)

cheers

Thats great, any other opinions?

I'm not a referee at a football game. Lol I thought people in this forum would have something of importance to say.

Hello I am a new member here, my name is Charbel, I go to a Academy of Art in San Francisco.

I have recently purchased for a very cheap price a JVC-GY-100U with a few accessories, It was a fixer upper and it just came out of the shop.

So now I'm debating putting it up on amazon for a hefty profit or reading the owners manual and using it. If you think I should use it, I would like some suggestions on what to do with it, ie Weddings, events, movies, music videos. I'm very artistically inclined and do have ideas on scenes in a movie but no script or anything. Also Is this camera becoming obsolete? Should I sell it while is still holds value? Or is too much camera for someone who has never used a professional camera.

Thats great, any other opinions?

I'm not a referee at a football game. Lol I thought people in this forum would have something of importance to say.
you are asking question in a public forum, as much as members would like to help you, but do also remember that you are asking help from a total stranger, no one has a obligation to provide you a useful answer, so just take it with a pinch of salt.

as for your question, any cameras will become obsolete, sooner or later, but even it is obsolete, it may still workable. the question is are you still able to use for your work or not? if yes, than don't bother to change it unless you have the ability.

from the Google search I've done, it maybe overkill a little for what you need, if you sell it off and still able to buy a newer smaller video camera which more suitable for you without much spending, why not?

hope my answer is better than tossing a coin.