Juz recivced my Prints from FujiFilm..

Status
Not open for further replies.

siron

Mar 18, 2002
somewhere near...
www.geocities.com
WOW I must admit it's the BEST quality I have ever recivced!! And I recivced the prints in just 2 days!!! RIght to my letter box!! It's 4:3 format! Really worth the money!!!!!!! SUPER CLEAR!

that's good. do you have to specify any shop? how did the photos compare to the "Standard Photo"'s?

I had 3-4 batches of photos developed using Fujifilm. The first one (free, courtesy of the now defunct geofoto) was awful. Colors were all out and the images had an orange cast. The following 3 batches (developed at a Fujifilm outlet near my workplace) were fine though.

Originally posted by mpenza
that's good. do you have to specify any shop? how did the photos compare to the "Standard Photo"'s?

I had 3-4 batches of photos developed using Fujifilm. The first one (free, courtesy of the now defunct geofoto) was awful. Colors were all out and the images had an orange cast. The following 3 batches (developed at a Fujifilm outlet near my workplace) were fine though.

Errrr I did it online at www.fujifilm.com.
How much did you pay for 1 print?

Originally posted by siron

Errrr I did it online at www.fujifilm.com.
How much did you pay for 1 print?

mine's quite long ago ;p First round at the shop, I bargained for additional photo albums. For the subsequent rounds, I bargained for 10% discount (~45 cents) ;p

i develop them at standard photos and when i got back i got a Fuji pack and the photo paper used was Kodak professional

so....... the photo is developed by wat company

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
i develop them at standard photos and when i got back i got a Fuji pack and the photo paper used was Kodak professional

so....... the photo is developed by wat company

Standard Photo uses both Fuji and Kodak paper.

isomer...4R at FujiFilm is 4:3 ratio thus 1280x960
smaller then the standard 3:2 at 1280x853.

I really like the 4:3 one.... very neat looking, best of it is the quality FujiFilm uses.. Wow

I really like the 4:3 one.... very neat looking, best of it is the quality FujiFilm uses.. Wow

Called one of the shop listed in the fuji website last night.

The guy on the phone explained that you have to specify to them whether you want to "fit in" or "fill in".

fit in - you want to fit in all your images, hence there will be white border on the actual print. However, you can still request them to cut the white border away.

fill in - you want your images to fill in the paper, hence some parts will be cropped out.

Er, by the way, what paper did they use?

Siron, I'm glad you like the results from Fujifilm online. The 1st batch of digital photos I developed was sent to Soo Kee Colour. I was disappointed with the price (50cents per 4R plus $5 handling) and also the auto-cropping done to my photo. I complained to them about chopped heads and they redeveloped some for me FOC, but I had to do the cropping beforehand.

My experience with Standard Photo and SCC is quite good. I have sent in 3 batches for the past 3 months and the price is no horse run plus the quality is not bad at all. On top of it, you can get 15% discount if have the right cards.

My wish - digital labs please listen - to be able to develop in 4:3 ratio at price that Standard Photo is charging or less! Honestly, if Standard Photo can get this kind of machine back in their HQ in MacPherson, business would be very GOOD. Maybe I should write a business proposition to Standard Photo... ;-)

My experience with the online fujifilm was disappointing. Colours were not as bright and appeared dull in some prints. There are a few that turns out satisfactory but I wouldn't say it's very good.

Another one that really turned me off was prints from 99photo. They didn't get my orders right (I chose gloss and had a mixture of gloss and matte) and the print quality were sub-standard, it was my sister in-law's weding and i was so embarrased to pass the photos to her. So I resent the files to photobeans.com and the pictures turned out excellent, bright and colourful. My KS instinct got me to create several email accounts and took advantage of the 15 4R prints for S$5.00 offer. ;p dunno if they will extend this offer or not. Maybe we should all write in to them and ask for extending the offer ;p

Wait a min..
I send in prints regularly... just got another batch yesterday... but the 4R is 3:2 standard...

Where did u get the 4:3 option? For 4R??

Originally posted by willyfoo
Wait a min..
I send in prints regularly... just got another batch yesterday... but the 4R is 3:2 standard...

Where did u get the 4:3 option? For 4R??

If you go to Colour Lab, you can ask for the "DI" format, which is 4:3 on 4 x 5.33".

Regards
CK

Btw, Kodak has finally done what Fuji has done some time ago. You can goto http://www.kodakexpress.com.sg/ and put your pics online and order your prints online. You can choose from a list of Kodak Express outlets to do the prints & collect the prints. Same price as Fuji, 50cents per 4R, $5 handling charge.

Btw2, FotoHub is having some sort of promo now; order your prints online at http://www.fotohub.com/ with a minimum order of $5 and the handling charge is waived. 4R is still 50cents

..NuTs..

Very competitive out there but Standard 35cents beats all! ONly no 4;3...if not I'll definately go for it!

Printing in 4:3 will also give you another problem - cannot fit into the standard photo frame and album... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Deadly

Printing in 4:3 will also give you another problem - cannot fit into the standard photo frame and album... :rolleyes:
yah quite true
unless get those album book
those big big ones

Of coz you can. I have a few hundred of 4:3 prints in standard 4R albums. It's still 4" tall, just a little narrower. ;)

Alternatively, ask them to fit the thing into 4R, and get a print with white borders on 2 sides.

Regards
CK

I print in 4:3 4R and it can fits into a normal photo album ah

Status
Not open for further replies.