Juz curious abt prints from labs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kiwi

Juz wondering...

If u send your exceptionally beautiful shots to be printed by the labs, will the pple there actually be tempted to make copies for themselves?
(Imagine: a breathtaking mountainscape/sunset, cute little kids in Mongolia, a rare shot of spiders mating... u get the picture!!)

Sometimes u also see very nice ones hanging around the wall or displayed on the glass windows. Did they actually ask the photographer for permission to make the reprints?

M

MingGuan

I used to go to a particular reputed photo developing lab somewhere in town *not mention name*. The lab used some of my travel photos without my knowledge and framed them in their lab. I only realised that when I came back to Singapore and found out when I went to the shop to develop slides!

If this thing was to hapen in the UK or US, where I lived for awhile, these labs probably will be sued without hestistation!

Originally posted by Kiwi
Juz wondering...

If u send your exceptionally beautiful shots to be printed by the labs, will the pple there actually be tempted to make copies for themselves?
(Imagine: a breathtaking mountainscape/sunset, cute little kids in Mongolia, a rare shot of spiders mating... u get the picture!!)

Sometimes u also see very nice ones hanging around the wall or displayed on the glass windows. Did they actually ask the photographer for permission to make the reprints?

K

Kiwi

Wahhh, so it does happen! Do they do that often??? If so, let us know the shop leh... ;)

I think if u want to be nasty, u can sue the shop right? It's your work and they are using it without your formal permission. But you probably have to go through a lot of hassle for crumbs.

Any lawyers here to comment?

chenwei

Sep 6, 2002
Singapore
Originally posted by Kiwi
Wahhh, so it does happen! Do they do that often??? If so, let us know the shop leh... ;)

I think if u want to be nasty, u can sue the shop right? It's your work and they are using it without your formal permission. But you probably have to go through a lot of hassle for crumbs.

Any lawyers here to comment?
i think not much control on this... unless u know the lab person very well? if u watched one hour photo then u will know... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom