Juz a newbie qn on DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlw8888

Aug 16, 2007
Somewhere in heartland
Me is not yet a DSLR owner. I came across Olympus E-410 on the Internet. This cam has no in-built image stabilizer. May I know how does it "stabilize" pics leh? or is it able to use Canon/Nikon compatible lens to enjoy image stabilizer function?

Hope some experts can clear my doubts. Thks in advance. :)

Me is not yet a DSLR owner. I came across Olympus E-410 on the Internet. This cam has no in-built image stabilizer. May I know how does it "stabilize" pics leh? or is it able to use Canon/Nikon compatible lens to enjoy image stabilizer function?

Hope some experts can clear my doubts. Thks in advance. :)

With Olympus, you're limited to their 4/3rds mount and cannot use Nikon or Canon lenses.

And you stabilise the camera by using your hands and using a proper shutter speed or tripods/monopods.

Read more...

so there are no 4/3rds mount type of lens that have image stabilizer ah?

so there are no 4/3rds mount type of lens that have image stabilizer ah?

If I'm not mistaken, they use the image stabiliser on the camera body, not the lenses.
E-3 and E-510

Check it out if you're interested.

Else, read up more on the different technologies that the different camps can offer.

4/3 cameras have built in image stabilzers,only on the E-510 and E-3,in E-410's case,it uses high iso to act as a image stabilizers,4/3 mount can use Nikon lens but not Canon lens with use of adaptor,however,cannot use the VR of Nikon lens and you only get manual focus if you do so

Canon & Nikon has IS on their lenses while others like Sony, Pentax & the later models of Olympus have IS on their body, hence making every lens mounted on the body comes with IS.

Do find out a bit more on this thru some reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.