Juz a newbie qn on DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlw8888

Aug 16, 2007
Somewhere in heartland
Me is not yet a DSLR owner. I came across Olympus E-410 on the Internet. This cam has no in-built image stabilizer. May I know how does it "stabilize" pics leh? or is it able to use Canon/Nikon compatible lens to enjoy image stabilizer function?

Hope some experts can clear my doubts. Thks in advance. :)

zac08

Feb 21, 2005
East
Me is not yet a DSLR owner. I came across Olympus E-410 on the Internet. This cam has no in-built image stabilizer. May I know how does it "stabilize" pics leh? or is it able to use Canon/Nikon compatible lens to enjoy image stabilizer function?

Hope some experts can clear my doubts. Thks in advance. :)
With Olympus, you're limited to their 4/3rds mount and cannot use Nikon or Canon lenses.

And you stabilise the camera by using your hands and using a proper shutter speed or tripods/monopods.

Read more...

zac08

Feb 21, 2005
East
so there are no 4/3rds mount type of lens that have image stabilizer ah?
If I'm not mistaken, they use the image stabiliser on the camera body, not the lenses.
E-3 and E-510

Check it out if you're interested.

Else, read up more on the different technologies that the different camps can offer.

spidey89

Staff member
Jun 6, 2007
South Western Singapore
4/3 cameras have built in image stabilzers,only on the E-510 and E-3,in E-410's case,it uses high iso to act as a image stabilizers,4/3 mount can use Nikon lens but not Canon lens with use of adaptor,however,cannot use the VR of Nikon lens and you only get manual focus if you do so

Galdor

Jul 5, 2006
Planet Gaia
s105.photobucket.com
Canon & Nikon has IS on their lenses while others like Sony, Pentax & the later models of Olympus have IS on their body, hence making every lens mounted on the body comes with IS.

Do find out a bit more on this thru some reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom