May 11, 2004
D70 + 70-300G and D70's built in flash.

Juvenile Oriental Magpie Robin

Fred

Mar 4, 2002
Singapore
www.frednmich.com
Good effort there, IMHO give a bit more space the left. :cool:

Tip: Avoid cutting off any part of the bird if you're taking a full body portrait.

harlequin2902

May 11, 2004
Fred said:
Good effort there, IMHO give a bit more space the left. :cool:

Tip: Avoid cutting off any part of the bird if you're taking a full body portrait.
Hi Fred,

Thanks for your comments.

Alas, there wasn't anything I could do regarding that bit of tail...I only came to realize that a wee bit of it had been 'snipped' during the moment of capture when I was back home editing the day's work on the computer :mad2: Gotta be more alert next time...

BTW, will you recommend shooting in portrait mode (as opposed to landscape) for this kind of perching shots ?

Here's another pic of the robin just before it took off. More space was given on the left this time...but now that vertical branch is in the way eh :think:

Thanks.

Fred

Mar 4, 2002
Singapore
www.frednmich.com
Don't worry about it, shots will improve with more practice. ;) I prefer landscape orientation for this kind of perching shots, Happy shooting! :cool:

Garion

Nov 26, 2002
West side of S'pore
Visit site
Hey Samuel, good shots of the juvenile Magpie Robin there! :thumbsup: The 2nd shot is my pick, sharp, nicely exposed and nice posture. :) Nice oof BG too. Only nit is the vertical branch on the left side of the robin, can't be helped I guess. :sweat:

Keep up the good work!

harlequin2902

May 11, 2004
Garion said:
Hey Samuel, good shots of the juvenile Magpie Robin there! :thumbsup: The 2nd shot is my pick, sharp, nicely exposed and nice posture. :) Nice oof BG too. Only nit is the vertical branch on the left side of the robin, can't be helped I guess. :sweat:

Keep up the good work!
Hi Garion,

Thanks for your comments.

BTW, are female Magpie Robins a rare sight at SBG ? Haven't been able to spot one yet so far... :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.