Justify to accept Blue Tinted, Green-Faced photos for Paid, Once a Lifetime Services?

Justify to accept Blue Tinted, Green-Faced photos for Paid, Once a Lifetime Services?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theITguy

Sep 19, 2003
In this small world
Visit site
Imagine this is your once a lifetime wedding. Your photographer uses Picasa 3.0 to do batch processing. Nothing wrong if the final result is (1) Professional, (2) Correctly Expose Adjusted and (3) At Least Generally Good Composition.

However, (1) and (2) is not acceptable. The photographer is among one of the guys here who spent in the region of $10K in equipment.

I think the photography standard needs to be raised up. They need to be certified to know how to shoot a wedding.

Give your views.

Is this an issue of colour balancing? Of course if I had paid for the service, the quality must be good.
I mean, if I am a half past six beginner photography enthusiast, and feels that I can do nearly the same job as a supposed professional, definitely I will not be satisfied.

However, how do you certify a photographer to be able to take wedding photos?

i voted, depend... coz i dun know how much he charge and how long he been doing it.

I know someone who paid few thounsands for a supposed professional photographer for the actual day wedding. Pictures turned out yellowish and obviously not colour balanced.

The funny thing is that professional photographer often warns others on the risks of employing freelancers and that to have low risk, must get those so called professionals.

Picasa 3.0? i only know of picasa 2.7.
yes, depend.. depend on what was charged.

$10k of photography equipment in the digital age is nothing. At best it pays for a standard photojournalist grade DSLR, one flashlight and one lens, and the equipment will not be first hand.

but $10k on film equipment will be very good, you get 2 photojournalist grade film cameras, two different lenses and two flashlights, the rest of the color is in the film and the experienced eyes at the lab will do whatever required of color balancing, but of course, choose a good lab.

Whatever happened is very unfortunate...errors as such shouldn't happen in the digital age. The guy didn't qc his work, likely that his displays haven't been properly calibrated and his color profiles are fudged.

I know someone who paid few thounsands for a supposed professional photographer for the actual day wedding. Pictures turned out yellowish and obviously not colour balanced.

The funny thing is that professional photographer often warns others on the risks of employing freelancers and that to have low risk, must get those so called professionals.

haha..good one indeed...:sweat:

Imagine this is your once a lifetime wedding. Your photographer uses Picasa 3.0 to do batch processing. Nothing wrong if the final result is (1) Professional, (2) Correctly Expose Adjusted and (3) At Least Generally Good Composition.

However, (1) and (2) is not acceptable. The photographer is among one of the guys here who spent in the region of $10K in equipment.

I think the photography standard needs to be raised up. They need to be certified to know how to shoot a wedding.

Give your views.

As long as he charges for the service and making a living out of it, he has fulfilled (1).

That aside, spending a million dollar on equipment and not knowing how to use them properly only shows that he's just rich or a show off.

If anyone can shoot well with a PnS, using expensive equipment will only help to make his workflow better. And it doesn't really make sense for someone who spend so much on equipment to scrooge on software if he is shooting digital.

I am a serious hobbyist and I have at least a monitor calibration device and PSE 5.0 or GIMP. I constantly verify my monitor calibration against the prints made from a reputable lab like ColourLab.

Although supposed to be that way, don't ever think that a professional is better than an amateur. Amateurs are largely driven by passion while professionals are largely driven by $$. Of course there are good professionals around who are driven by passion as well but there are only a handful of them.

Different people have different white balance standards?

Yea Im sure of that, ie the Professional Photographer, is so professional that he has a white balance standard so different from that of the customer, his wife, his father/mother, her family etc.

Real life situation?

depends on how much was charged..

If he was severly underpaid, i dont think he might be too keen spending few days in front of the monitor adjusting colours..

Still the idea of personal standards apply.. :)

There is such a possiblity.

Unless calibrated, it is hard to find 2 monitors of same exact colour balance, gamut etc..

Furthermore most LCD monitors themselves have different white balance from 6500K to 9300K to choose from, not considering deterioration as well...

Giving the benefit of doubt, this might be a case of white balance on monitor of 2 extremes.

That is why most professionals still trust only proofs..and they are called proofs for a reason :bsmilie:

Yea Im sure of that, ie the Professional Photographer, is so professional that he has a white balance standard so different from that of the customer, his wife, his father/mother, her family etc.

Already say mah.. Professional.. Otherwise how to distinguish oneself from the amateurs like the customer, his wife, his father/mother, her family etc? ;p

Uhm, just to elaborate, the yellowish tint is present in actual photographs printed, not viewed on screen or on CD.

There is such a possiblity.

Unless calibrated, it is hard to find 2 monitors of same exact colour balance, gamut etc..

Furthermore most LCD monitors themselves have different white balance from 6500K to 9300K to choose from, not considering deterioration as well...

Giving the benefit of doubt, this might be a case of white balance on monitor of 2 extremes.

That is why most professionals still trust only proofs..and they are called proofs for a reason :bsmilie:

Ya, you got that right, now I know why he keeps emphasising in the forums that customers must only go to professional photographers.

Already say mah.. Professional.. Otherwise how to distinguish oneself from the amateurs like the customer, his wife, his father/mother, her family etc? ;p

Give your views.

What views do you want? If the photos are not good, don't pay!

Status
Not open for further replies.