Just venting my fustrations

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanlim

Oct 28, 2005
NEL
Dont bother to reply...:D
Today, i went to develop some photos i took with a no-flash simple camera..
To my disappointment,..my first few shots turned out blank..and to my "horror", the lady just pulled out the film telling me all are blank....but obviously, there are pictures....
Worst still, she told me that photos cannot be taken with no flash if not sure no picture-_-"...WTH?!..maybe she dont know whats D2 series:sweat: :sweat:
sian..:confused:

wondering if still can develope the negatives..;p

"Pulled out" the film from the can BEFORE developing?

Anyway if you can see some details on your negative you will be able to print it. It shouldn't look all "blank" - you can see something one.

Some shops do 'self-censorship' whereby unless on strict orders from clients to develop all regardless of the final result, they would typically not develop blank shots, extremely over/under pictures as well as pictures with extremely bad handshake blur.

vince123123 said:
"Pulled out" the film from the can BEFORE developing?

Anyway if you can see some details on your negative you will be able to print it. It shouldn't look all "blank" - you can see something one.
PRECISELY....got image...
summore i say just print irregardless of result as i using noob cam -want to see the result:angry:

wah where is this shop man?

but anyway, if it's very underexposed, it's quite likely ur prints are gonna be quite grainy? :dunno:

mehbe just a bad day for the lady lah... :bsmilie:

this is their "so-call" blank...pardon the compression though.
Copy_of_DSC_00031.JPG

I aint gonna smear the shop's name..
just somewhere NEAR heartland mall kovan :angry:

I kena this many years back.. was using a friend's film camera..

The uncle told me nothing in the film.. sad, cos the photos inside are memories to me..

Hexlord said:
I kena this many years back.. was using a friend's film camera..

The uncle told me nothing in the film.. sad, cos the photos inside are memories to me..
:cry: yar lor

Sometimes the lab screws up the developing of your film and then tells you "film got nothing!"

I dunno how true this is. I ever asked a friend who was working in a photo processing shop years back. She said that under exposed films will shorten the lifespan of the bulb of the processing machine. any logic to that? :dunno:

I dunno how true this is. I ever asked a friend who was working in a photo processing shop years back. She said that under exposed films will shorten the lifespan of the bulb of the processing machine. any logic to that? :dunno:

wah seh deswitch.."Triple kill"...
anw i also not sure

DeSwitch said:

I used to work with those kind of old machines. A Konica color photo lab.

Actually, it's not that the bulb will have its lifespan shortened. It's just inconvenient, because you have to wait quite a while for the bulb to do its job. The bulb switches on and off for every photo you process, so there's no logic in shortening it's lifespan just by processing under-exposed films.

If you have a whole roll of under-exposed film, the lab operator will have to take a long time to process your roll. And under-exposed films require experienced operators, as the colors are harder to discern.

Something I don't understand. You won't know if the film is blank until you have processed it, right? And the machine would have to process the entire roll before the operator can see if they are blank, right?

So how can the operator process the first few frames, determine the entire roll is blank, and then pull out the unprocessed film for the canister?

I have sent in a blank roll of film by mistake before. The operator at the shop processed the entire roll and handed me the blank processed film with no prints.

seanlim said:
this is their "so-call" blank...pardon the compression though.
Copy_of_DSC_00031.JPG

I aint gonna smear the shop's name..
just somewhere NEAR heartland mall kovan :angry:

To me . this film strip I would not consider blank negative as there are some details ..

A blank neagtive is transparent and is clean ... with a layer of chemical at the bottom layer ..

xray said:
It's just inconvenient, because you have to wait quite a while for the bulb to do its job. The bulb switches on and off for every photo you process, so there's no logic in shortening it's lifespan just by processing under-exposed films.

Underexposed negative film would require shorter exposure during enlargement, not longer exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.