Just to say hello and about Nikon D3000 DSLR.]

naamsuay

Dec 11, 2010
Hello everyone!

I just joined this forum because I want to learn more about photography. I'm still new at this but I've recently been meddling with my sister's Nikon D3000 DSLR. My photos don't often turn out as well as I wanted to be and I realized it is always not nicely (or creatively angled), but I hope I will learn more from this website since there are so many seniors out here. =)

For a start, any comments/tips about the Nikon D3000 DSLR?

Welcome to CS . . . :)
D3000 is a nice entry dslr camera, now relaxed by D3100. join the outings organized here and you will learn more. :)

Welcome:)

Hello everyone!

I just joined this forum because I want to learn more about photography. I'm still new at this but I've recently been meddling with my sister's Nikon D3000 DSLR. My photos don't often turn out as well as I wanted to be and I realized it is always not nicely (or creatively angled), but I hope I will learn more from this website since there are so many seniors out here. =)

decent dslr, all the important things are there for you to pick up all the important basics.

Welcome to CS... :D

Hello everyone!

Not sure what comments you are seeking. Perhaps asking more specific questions will be better :)
D3000 is a good camera. So are all the DSLRs in the market :)

Photography I feel is part technical and part artistic.
You need to have good knowledge of your equipment and basic fundamentals, and also cultivate an artistic eye.

The Nikon D3000 dSLR camera is sadly, not a point and shoot camera, where it will try to magically take wonderful pictures for you.

What your sister owns there is a piece of technological marvel, which even though is technologically advance, still requires some basic knowledge on the part of the user or the person doing the clicking of the shutter button. As such, read up the information links provided by skylover above.

Get to appreciate the tripartite that makes up Exposure - Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO. Learning to see light will also be beneficial for you, but that will take time. Also, understand what makes a good composition.

Be in no hurry, as these will take time understanding and replicating.

Maybe you could borrow your sister's camera and join in the various outings organized by members and maybe you can learn to explore what are the various genres of photography you'd like to enhance your knowledge in.

In the mean time, fear no failures. Just keep shooting. As some have said, its digital and it's almost free.

Cheers!

Welcome to clubsnap! I agree with asking more specific questions. If the picture does not turn out nice, maybe you could post the picture up and allow others to comment on it.

Wow, I feel so welcomed already! :)

A BIG THANK YOU everyone for the tips, suggestions, general comments about the camera, links to read up on the technical aspects of photography etc. I will definitely be practicing on my shooting skills and reading up as much as I can.

I didn't even know about the 'triangle' relationship between aperture, shutter and ISO. Usually I will trust my 'instincts' and change whatever I think is necessary. But great to know about this and actually learn about it so at least I can understand what exactly I am doing.

Will join the outings when I find one that can fit into my schedule. Looking forward to it someday! :)

Wow, I feel so welcomed already! :)

A BIG THANK YOU everyone for the tips, suggestions, general comments about the camera, links to read up on the technical aspects of photography etc. I will definitely be practicing on my shooting skills and reading up as much as I can.

I didn't even know about the 'triangle' relationship between aperture, shutter and ISO. Usually I will trust my 'instincts' and change whatever I think is necessary. But great to know about this and actually learn about it so at least I can understand what exactly I am doing.

Will join the outings when I find one that can fit into my schedule. Looking forward to it someday! :)
.... but... but... if you don't know what each function does, how can you even begin to know which is necessary to change? :dunno:

.... but... but... if you don't know what each function does, how can you even begin to know which is necessary to change? :dunno:

Hahaha! Oh actually I already have a rough idea what each function does individually, but I don't really know how the three aspects links together or affect one another when taking a photo. That's what I meant....

Hello and welcome!