Just some questions...Any kind bros to help me out?

bookwormm

Jun 8, 2010
Hey bros out there, newbie here and i have a few questions.

1) How do i take care of my lens? (cleaning, storing, etc)
2) Is it advisable to bring my D90 to the beach? I'm just afraid that sand might invade the holy sensor...:bsmilie:
3) I don't have a dry cabinet yet, so how do i actually store my D90 now?
4) What basic accessories do i actually need?

I think that's all for now?
(I own a D90 with kit lens 18-105mm) =)

Last edited:

2) Is it advisable to bring my D90 to the beach? I'm just afraid that sand might invade the holy sensor...:bsmilie:

1) How Should I Clean My DSLR Lens <-- your answer

2) Don't worry so much, those sand wouldn't easily go inside to your D90 body. I believe Nikon has build a nice & solid body. Just in case, don't drop your camera to the water will do.

3) You should buy a dry cabinet for storing your gears, it will be your next best investment.

4) Solid Tripod & External Flash.

3) keep it outside the bag.
4) Other than the above, good cleaning kit is important. (ROR, Zeiss, Lenspen, 3M lenscloth, Rocket Blower)

Don't change lens at the beach, especially when it's windy. The sensor is not holy, only likes to be kept clean.

1) To keep it clean, don't use it at all. Keep in dry cab all the time will make sure it is ok.
2) No. Bring a PnS instead. Keep the holy one in the shrine (dry cab).
3) Keep in room on a open table/shelf, and turn a/c on 24x7.
4) Dry Cab is the first.

1) To keep it clean, don't use it at all. Keep in dry cab all the time will make sure it is ok.
4) Dry Cab is the first.

WA like that he buy dslr for what?

and LOL and #3 :nono:

WA like that he buy dslr for what?

and LOL and #3 :nono:

Exactly!

Just shoot and don't care about cleaning until it gets dirty (see spots in the pics taken).

4) Dry Cab is the first.

Bro, noti noti... :bsmilie:

TS,

1) i dun even bother cleaing them , just a micro fibre cloth and blower suffice for me, i more worry abt my compositional/technical skills...

Settle 4) and u are free of 3)

The sand wont get into ur "holy sensor" tat easily unless u purposely expose it to tt~!.
gd lens changing habits is impt and avoid changing them outdoors when the wind is strong/environment is dusty etc..

So stop worry abt things this trival and shoot more yah~ :)

Thanks everyone! You know, it's a heavy investment (it's just gonna get worse...) so i don't want it to die on me or what. Hahaha!

Yeah, have been shooting with it. Even my little bro's shooting. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Bro, noti noti... :bsmilie:

TS,

1) i dun even bother cleaing them , just a micro fibre cloth and blower suffice for me, i more worry abt my compositional/technical skills...
Settle 4) and u are free of 3)

The sand wont get into ur "holy sensor" tat easily unless u purposely expose it to tt~!.
gd lens changing habits is impt and avoid changing them outdoors when the wind is strong/environment is dusty etc..

So stop worry abt things this trival and shoot more yah~ :)
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

When I first started out, I also thought like TS...want take good care of camera...don't want it to die on me.

Trust me....go out and keep shooting and just focus on improving your skills. Gradually you will see that the camera is just your tool. You will be less bothered with minor things (whether there dust...scratches on the body etc) and getting the shot is most impt!

Take it to the beach? of course....just be more careful esp when you change lens...

Just take reasonable care of your camera will do. Don't have to be a slave to it. It should be a slave to you.
Get a dry cab if possible ;)

Thanks everyone! You know, it's a heavy investment (it's just gonna get worse...) so i don't want it to die on me or what. Hahaha!

Yeah, have been shooting with it. Even my little bro's shooting. :bsmilie:

?? care to elaborate?;p

Bookworm is asking for kind bros to help him out.
Not asking for naughty bros :bsmilie:
I guess that's what you get when you ask a common question

yes, better not change lens while at the beach
keep in the bag while not using (at the beach)

A drybox is recommended if you seldom use your camera

Last edited:
Bookworm is asking for kind bros to help him out.
Not asking for naughty bros :bsmilie:
I guess that's what you get when you ask a common question

yes, better not change lens while at the beach
keep in the bag while not using (at the beach)

A drybox is recommended if you seldom use your camera

But.. but.. at beach so many bikini clad babes. Why need to keep in bag when not using? :angel: go back home then only let little bro play mah, correct or not? :blah:

But.. but.. at beach so many bikini clad babes. Why need to keep in bag when not using? :angel: go back home then only let little bro play mah, correct or not? :blah:

noti boy ah you! :sweatsm::sweatsm:

TS as long as you don't abuse it, should be fine :)
Keep a good blower and a decent cleaning set handy.
Like others have mentioned, be extra mindful when changing lenses outdoors, and a dry cab is recommended to store your camera when not using it for a period of time.

noti noti noti.. :nono::nono: