just sharing some pix with all..

Status
Not open for further replies.

furrypaws

Feb 20, 2004
paiseh to put these in the pet/nature photography thread cuz dun wanna malu infront of all those "old birds" there.. :D comments are very welcome!

normal_looking.jpg

normal_yinyang.jpg

normal_sleeping.jpg

can see? :bigeyes:

oh, i can only see if i cut and paste your links to the browser...

hmm, i tot pbase can hotlink?? :dunno:

hahaha... i like "no 2, sleeping"... so CUTE~!

are the cats all yours?

huh? u see links? i see images leh.. :( :(
cheh.. tot i succeeded in the hotlinking...

yeah.. these are my little felines i love to bits!! :lovegrin:

try photobucket.com, i haven't heard a complain abt it yet! :)

furrypaws said:
huh? u see links? i see images leh.. :( :(
cheh.. tot i succeeded in the hotlinking...

those images are probably from your browser cache.

I can see the pictures...

1st one is very cute... for 3rd picture, I would prefer you go in closer and eliminate the cluttered background. Also have you thought of taking the pictures at ground level? Try it...and check out the pets gallery for interesting examples... :D

yeah! finally can be seen! :D

normal_greeneyes.jpg

normal_mao.jpg

normal_screeech.jpg

normal_siblinglove.jpg

justarius said:
I can see the pictures...

1st one is very cute... for 3rd picture, I would prefer you go in closer and eliminate the cluttered background. Also have you thought of taking the pictures at ground level? Try it...and check out the pets gallery for interesting examples... :D

hi justarius,
yeah i will try that next time! :)

Last one of the new series is good... but again watch the background, and try to use a little fill flash to put catchlights into the eyes of the kittens..makes them look more 'alive' :D

justarius said:
Last one of the new series is good... but again watch the background, and try to use a little fill flash to put catchlights into the eyes of the kittens..makes them look more 'alive' :D

um.. wats fill flash? :embrass:

furrypaws said:
um.. wats fill flash? :embrass:

Fill flash is when the flash is not your main light source and you are just using it to 'fill' some of the shadows on your subject's face to make it look better. You don't seem to be using a flash in some of the pictures, so that's just a suggestion. The effects of catchllights in the eye is something like the second picture in the second series... :D

justarius said:
Fill flash is when the flash is not your main light source and you are just using it to 'fill' some of the shadows on your subject's face to make it look better. You don't seem to be using a flash in some of the pictures, so that's just a suggestion. The effects of catchllights in the eye is something like the second picture in the second series... :D

ah i see.. yeah, not intending to use flash, cuz i didnt wanna hurt my babies' eyes esp when the cam is so close to them. and flash doesnt have a very good effect on cats cuz they get the "red/green/blue" eye effect?? so i try to not use flash at all if i can help it. one way i kinda invented on my own is to increase my ISO to 400 (so that as much as light is captured) and a faster shutter speed to counter the camera shake. else very easily blurred. any comments on that?? any other idea? cuz the room light is sometimes rather dimmed.. not easy to get it sharp without using flash. m using olympus C730 :dunno:

How about using window light? Upping ISO is ok is you can live with increased noise. Better solution might be use something to stabilise your camera, such as a tripod or some other support such as a beanbag for ground level shoots.

justarius said:
How about using window light? Upping ISO is ok is you can live with increased noise. Better solution might be use something to stabilise your camera, such as a tripod or some other support such as a beanbag for ground level shoots.

ok, will try that next time! but sometimes their cute cute poses are strutted at night! bo light! ;p

hehe.. I want to know their names... please tell.. ;p

normal_watchfulmom.JPG

their names are Jingle Bell.. cuz they were born on 17 Dec 2003 and their eyes opened on Xmas :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.