just sharing some pix with all..


Status
Not open for further replies.

furrypaws

New Member
Feb 20, 2004
197
0
0
#1
paiseh to put these in the pet/nature photography thread cuz dun wanna malu infront of all those "old birds" there.. :D comments are very welcome!







can see? :bigeyes:
 

foxtwo

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2004
2,522
0
0
singapore
#3
oh, i can only see if i cut and paste your links to the browser...

hmm, i tot pbase can hotlink?? :dunno:
 

foxtwo

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2004
2,522
0
0
singapore
#4
hahaha... i like "no 2, sleeping"... so CUTE~!

are the cats all yours?
 

furrypaws

New Member
Feb 20, 2004
197
0
0
#5
huh? u see links? i see images leh.. :( :(
cheh.. tot i succeeded in the hotlinking...
 

furrypaws

New Member
Feb 20, 2004
197
0
0
#6
yeah.. these are my little felines i love to bits!! :lovegrin:
 

foxtwo

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2004
2,522
0
0
singapore
#7
try photobucket.com, i haven't heard a complain abt it yet! :)
 

foxtwo

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2004
2,522
0
0
singapore
#8
furrypaws said:
huh? u see links? i see images leh.. :( :(
cheh.. tot i succeeded in the hotlinking...
those images are probably from your browser cache.
 

justarius

Senior Member
Nov 9, 2003
1,226
0
36
Northeast
Visit site
#9
I can see the pictures...

1st one is very cute... for 3rd picture, I would prefer you go in closer and eliminate the cluttered background. Also have you thought of taking the pictures at ground level? Try it...and check out the pets gallery for interesting examples... :D
 

furrypaws

New Member
Feb 20, 2004
197
0
0
#12
justarius said:
I can see the pictures...

1st one is very cute... for 3rd picture, I would prefer you go in closer and eliminate the cluttered background. Also have you thought of taking the pictures at ground level? Try it...and check out the pets gallery for interesting examples... :D
hi justarius,
yeah i will try that next time! :)
 

justarius

Senior Member
Nov 9, 2003
1,226
0
36
Northeast
Visit site
#13
Last one of the new series is good... but again watch the background, and try to use a little fill flash to put catchlights into the eyes of the kittens..makes them look more 'alive' :D
 

furrypaws

New Member
Feb 20, 2004
197
0
0
#14
justarius said:
Last one of the new series is good... but again watch the background, and try to use a little fill flash to put catchlights into the eyes of the kittens..makes them look more 'alive' :D
um.. wats fill flash? :embrass:
 

justarius

Senior Member
Nov 9, 2003
1,226
0
36
Northeast
Visit site
#15
furrypaws said:
um.. wats fill flash? :embrass:
Fill flash is when the flash is not your main light source and you are just using it to 'fill' some of the shadows on your subject's face to make it look better. You don't seem to be using a flash in some of the pictures, so that's just a suggestion. The effects of catchllights in the eye is something like the second picture in the second series... :D
 

furrypaws

New Member
Feb 20, 2004
197
0
0
#16
justarius said:
Fill flash is when the flash is not your main light source and you are just using it to 'fill' some of the shadows on your subject's face to make it look better. You don't seem to be using a flash in some of the pictures, so that's just a suggestion. The effects of catchllights in the eye is something like the second picture in the second series... :D
ah i see.. yeah, not intending to use flash, cuz i didnt wanna hurt my babies' eyes esp when the cam is so close to them. and flash doesnt have a very good effect on cats cuz they get the "red/green/blue" eye effect?? so i try to not use flash at all if i can help it. one way i kinda invented on my own is to increase my ISO to 400 (so that as much as light is captured) and a faster shutter speed to counter the camera shake. else very easily blurred. any comments on that?? any other idea? cuz the room light is sometimes rather dimmed.. not easy to get it sharp without using flash. m using olympus C730 :dunno:
 

justarius

Senior Member
Nov 9, 2003
1,226
0
36
Northeast
Visit site
#17
How about using window light? Upping ISO is ok is you can live with increased noise. Better solution might be use something to stabilise your camera, such as a tripod or some other support such as a beanbag for ground level shoots.
 

furrypaws

New Member
Feb 20, 2004
197
0
0
#18
justarius said:
How about using window light? Upping ISO is ok is you can live with increased noise. Better solution might be use something to stabilise your camera, such as a tripod or some other support such as a beanbag for ground level shoots.
ok, will try that next time! but sometimes their cute cute poses are strutted at night! bo light! ;p
 

furrypaws

New Member
Feb 20, 2004
197
0
0
#20


their names are Jingle Bell.. cuz they were born on 17 Dec 2003 and their eyes opened on Xmas :lovegrin:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom