Just say NO to Digital SLRs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for the article concerning the Sony F707. Things like this make me feel better about myself since I don't own a DSLR but would like to have one.
:)

He's right. Even as a D30 owner, I still appreciate my antique Coolpix 990 for what it is and what it can do. Mostly taking low angle shots which I would have to assume ridiculous positions to obtain with a D30. It's also small, light and idiot-proof in "P" mode, discreet, focuses sharply, great DOF, excellent exposure accuracy, and can be handheld at much lower speeds. Once they improve the shutter lag and the ISO performance, I'm getting another digicam!

Intelligently written but it's again one of those very personal why I use films and not digital, why I use digicams and not DSLR, why I use Nikon and not Canon, why I shoot with meidum format and not miniscule 35mm....

That's just his point of view based on his hobby or work. For every 10 reasons he can say that his digicam can do, an avid DSLR user can find 10 others to say what a digicam can't do. And that's precisely why th latter got a DSLR instead of a digicam.

At the end of the chapter, use the right tools when you need them. Buy only what u need (with the exception that you have $$$ to blow away without feeling any pain).

Just a little nitpicky, but DSLRs are also digicams. The likes of Coolpix, G2, etc are called consumer digicams (ok, prosumer if you like, then call those like Ixus consumer digicams ;) )

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.