Just joined

bluesblue

Aug 9, 2010
Hello clupsnap community I recently had the digi cabi 10L dry box , the sillica pack was pink , i heated it over a stove . I left mid fire , came back in 15 mins , i saw the translucent part (plastic i think) melted . Im here to ask if there is any shops which sells the sillica pack by itself? Thanks :)

Welcome to CS:)

You might wanna get those jars of silica gel(Available from most camera-related shops for <$5) or upgrade to a dry cabinet.

Just get a new bottle of silica gel when you run out, they range from $3.50-$5 and last quite a while, so its not that expensive. but in the long run, a dry cabinet is more economic and more reliable

Last edited:
Can find in many camera shop.

Welcome to CS:)

You might wanna get those jars of silica gel(Available from most camera-related shops for <$5) or upgrade to a dry cabinet.

but my plastic part which stores the sillica gel melted and disposed le

but my plastic part which stores the sillica gel melted and disposed le

You can just get those netting(From hardware shops) and fill it with silica gel.Once it turns blue,change the gel(Don't need to heat it)...

You can just get those netting(From hardware shops) and fill it with silica gel.Once it turns blue,change the gel(Don't need to heat it)...

what are hardware shops (pardon me for not understanding this) , so the thing where sillica gel is stored is called a netting ? thanks thanks , i requested to join the facebook group le

what are hardware shops (pardon me for not understanding this) , so the thing where sillica gel is stored is called a netting ? thanks thanks , i requested to join the facebook group le

hardware shops are those shops that sells all your pipes and cables and anything from batteries to mops. If you still not sure what the shop is just try homefix:)

hardware shops are those shops that sells all your pipes and cables and anything from batteries to mops. If you still not sure what the shop is just try homefix:)

never mind ,i bought a thirsty hippo 600ml already , is this advisable?

never mind ,i bought a thirsty hippo 600ml already , is this advisable?

Please take care when toasting silica gel.

A chemical found in some types of silica gel is Carcinogenic and has been claimed to be cancer causing. The ones in question are the ones that look blue when dry, those contain cobalt chloride. Try to get the orange ones if possible.

Welcome to CS :)

A thirsty hippo will work fine, although you can't control humidity. And it's an expensive option since you will need to replace it regularly. Best is to get a dry cabinet.

Please take care when toasting silica gel.

A chemical found in some types of silica gel is Carcinogenic and has been claimed to be cancer causing. The ones in question are the ones that look blue when dry, those contain cobalt chloride. Try to get the orange ones if possible.

thanks for telling , yea , i asked my chemistry teacher about that , CHEERS

Welcome to CS :)

A thirsty hippo will work fine, although you can't control humidity. And it's an expensive option since you will need to replace it regularly. Best is to get a dry cabinet.

i think need to change every 3 months at $3 per pack , it's quite cheap actually :D
p.s i keep them inside an "air tight" dry box

i think need to change every 3 months at $3 per pack , it's quite cheap actually :D
p.s i keep them inside an "air tight" dry box

Well its still a lot of trouble trying to maintain the RH with a dry box, with a dry cabinet just set the humidity and no more worries.