Just inspirational

Found the paralympics inspirational as well......those athletes were awesome

Ya, basically we jsut learning everyday with each other :)

If ever you thought things were tough........here's the spirit and courage of a man who completed the Boston marathon one step at a time........

[vid]Rj-vIajzBRs[/vid]

So what's the big deal of making it to the summit of Everest?

Sounds more like personal satisfaction and glorification. Such achievements would soon be forgotten cause they're not the first anyway.

Last edited:
aren't your signature tell you liao? ;)

"One can never stop learning...every experience contributes" - So it's still personal glory and self satisfying.

Except that there aren't any mountains to climb here...

Oh and thanks for reminding me to change my signature...

Last edited:
"One can never stop learning...every experience contributes" - So it's still personal glory and self satisfying.

Except that there aren't any mountains to climb here...

Oh and thanks for reminding me to change my signature...

Put in that context, then yes everything we do to make a step forward is about personal glory and self gratification. There will always be an element of that. However Singaporeans are not known for firsts yet!!! Little steps first. And when the joy and experience is shared, it becomes inspirational.

Hey C - nah am still playing up in the Arctic. Thought I'd share this fantastic news with you about the womens team. Think they have done brilliantly!:vhappy:

Put in that context, then yes everything we do to make a step forward is about personal glory and self gratification. There will always be an element of that. However Singaporeans are not known for firsts yet!!! Little steps first. And when the joy and experience is shared, it becomes inspirational.

Hey C - nah am still playing up in the Arctic. Thought I'd share this fantastic news with you about the womens team. Think they have done brilliantly!:vhappy:

Tom Whittaker climbing Mt Everest is infinitely more inspiring than able-bodied women climbing on sponsored money.

Tom Whittaker climbing Mt Everest is infinitely more inspiring than able-bodied women climbing on sponsored money.

Yes he has done extremely well but why the emphasis on "sponsored money"?

Most people have to find the money somehow as these types of expeditions are not exactly "affordable" unless you're a rich person. Most high profile athletes are sponsored unless they are rich. Every sponsored person has worked hard to get that sponsorship. AM sure Tom would have had to raise sponsorship in order to do the expeditions he has done.

Why the emphasis on the women.....becos they are local and have just made a great step forward to taking adventuring in Singapore further than the limitations at the moment ;)

Anyway gotta go check the dogs as will be helping to take some clients out on a run. So have a happy day all

ya, they done brilliantly. I believe not all can do it even fully sponsor.

Yes he has done extremely well but why the emphasis on "sponsored money"?

Most people have to find the money somehow as these types of expeditions are not exactly "affordable" unless you're a rich person. Most high profile athletes are sponsored unless they are rich. Every sponsored person has worked hard to get that sponsorship. AM sure Tom would have had to raise sponsorship in order to do the expeditions he has done.

Why the emphasis on the women.....becos they are local and have just made a great step forward to taking adventuring in Singapore further than the limitations at the moment ;)

Anyway gotta go check the dogs as will be helping to take some clients out on a run. So have a happy day all

dun waste time on it :) no point explaining if one jsut could see the light ;)

Just want to share with you guys a movie i watched base on a true story of Christopher McCandless "Into the Wild" Personally, i feel that it's really a nice movie and a inspiring one!

About Christopher McCandless

His last photo taken before his death

Hope you guy enjoy his life story :)

urh.

some camps have said that what Christopher McCandless did was on the border of stupidity and sheer dumbness.

his death could have been prevented if he had only taken some basic provisions, like a compass for one.

so I'm not sure if you would say it's utterly inspirational. if by inspirational you mean that I should take a compass and be a bit more careful when I decide to go into the wild to live, then yeah... it is REALLY inspirational.

urh.

some camps have said that what Christopher McCandless did was on the border of stupidity and sheer dumbness.

his death could have been prevented if he had only taken some basic provisions, like a compass for one.

so I'm not sure if you would say it's utterly inspirational. if by inspirational you mean that I should take a compass and be a bit more careful when I decide to go into the wild to live, then yeah... it is REALLY inspirational.

You got my vote on that. Saw this movie sometime back and actually read about it a few years ago. Alot of things did not add up to someone who as smart as him had taken such a drastic decison without planning even the most basic of consideration.

This from someone I have admired for decades. Long may he has left us but alot of what he left behind rings of truth that we should all listen to make this world a better place. Dr Carl Sagan.

[vid]p86BPM1GV8M[/vid]

Yes I love this one.

... We do good for the sake of doing good!