Just having fun on a weekend... snapshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

plastic

Deregistered
Aug 19, 2004
In A Suitcase
Here are some fun snapshots I took today while I was in Mongkok after a meeting on my way to another... quickly snapped some pics.

bus_stop_2.jpg

Typical bus stop sign in Hong Kong.
Brad lives nearby, this is HIS neighbourhood... PITT STREET.

bus_stop.jpg

Bus! Stop!

orange_julius.jpg

If a card reader can be named Julius, then this is Orange Julius... lame... :bsmilie:

mini_bus_sheung_shui.jpg

The notorious privately owned "red top" mini buses in Hong Kong. They contribute to the most public transport accidents in Hong Kong. Many end up in fatalities. Go for the "green tops" or company owned ones whenever possible.

More...

pai_kia.jpg

Look at the intensity of the stare from this school kid. But in the end, he backed off after my frown intimidated him... guess Singaporean Ah Beng is still more "garang". LOL.

yat_lou_fatt.jpg

Buses, buses and more buses... the frequency of buses in Hong Kong is amazing. And they are usually filled... 6 million people, 3 million commuters daily.

pmps.jpg

Typical crowd at Mong Kok. Still wanna come here and do shopping?

sianz.jpg

With the crowds like that in Mong Kok, no wonder this pair of siblings had this expression... sianz...

That is all to share for today... more to come when I head out and shoot more tomorrow... if the weather is nice for shooting of course...

Keep it up.....:thumbsup:

Thanks guys. I will keep posting stuff in here as I get used to the camera and lenses. I guess that is the true benefit of going digital. Film is free. HDD on the other hand, costs money! LOL.

really nice series! i like ur 'card reader' shot. :D

My fave is Bus Stop.

very nice pics. :thumbsup: going to the "mountain top" to shoot some HK skyline shots? :lovegrin:

nice! care to share your equipments?

nightpiper said:
very nice pics. :thumbsup: going to the "mountain top" to shoot some HK skyline shots? :lovegrin:

Not at the moment with the air pollution being so bad, that all the pictures look bad. Maybe one day when the sky is clear. Usually in August/Sept.

dfstan said:
nice! care to share your equipments?

This particular set was shot using (drum roll) E-300, with 40-150mm.

The other lenses I have are 14-45mm, and the 35mm Macro. (Absolutely love the 35mm Macro).

Status
Not open for further replies.