Just got my gitzo 1228 mk2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_Ryan

May 21, 2003
Tampines
www.pbase.com
Just got my gitzo 1228 today , order it from B&h , since cp no stock... 1 week arrived alrdy... It's an upgrade from my cheaplak 30 dolar tripod.. :( Still in the delema on which head to get... still saving my money ... so the 1228 still cannot used... Any one know why all the legs soo tight ... & it 's like carry a stone .. comparring to my 30 dolar tripod... & it take a while to set up the tripod maybe need to play around more with it .... ha?? can't imagine using the 13xx series tripod... any one know where to get a cheap bag/case for this tripod.. ??

Just got my gitzo 1228 today , order it from B&h , since cp no stock... 1 week arrived alrdy...

Congrats dude ... envy you... how much does b&h charge for shipping.. Me planning to get a telescope from them.. In Singapore they cost a bomb..

Any one know why all the legs soo tight ... & it 's like carry a stone .. comparring to my 30 dolar tripod... & it take a while to set up the tripod maybe need to play around more with it .... ha??

I thought 1228 is CF tripod and weighs only 1.5kgs.. if you want to know what does "Carrying stones" mean then you should try my Manfrotto 055 + 141 combo (3.2kgs nett) ... :cry:

The cost of the G1228+shipping from BHPhotovideo is more than the cost of a G1325 at Cathay.

You should have bought a G1325 from Cathay and traded it with Darren's G1228 ;p

Total is 993 sgd ... that ( 833 for the tripod ) + 67 ( low column cf) + 93 for shiping..

Originally posted by Jack_Ryan
Total is 993 sgd ... that ( 833 for the tripod ) + 67 ( low column cf) + 93 for shiping..

Gitzo 1325 was under S$900 at CP when I last checked; seems like prices have gone up?

Status
Not open for further replies.