[just for fun] One Billion Frame a Second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

peekarwe

Jul 24, 2005
www.noisyiso.com
What's the point of this? What are they trying to achieve? I mean, the numbers are nicely staggering but what's the point of the exercise?

peekarwe

Jul 24, 2005
www.noisyiso.com
I can spent all my money and borrow a lot more to buy a ferrari but I dun because there is negative returns for me... or rather, doesn't mean ****. Why do something meaningless? But well, in the experiment, they ARE trying to prove something and that's what I want to find out.

Daedalus Trent

Apr 15, 2008
Singapore, east-ish
:thumbsup: to the TS for this interesting article. ain't science grand? ;)

But well, in the experiment, they ARE trying to prove something and that's what I want to find out.
well, it appears they are trying to get hydrogen atoms to undergo nuclear fusion. Sustainable nuclear fusion that is :eek: If that experiment is successful , producing practically infinite amounts of energy may very well become a reality in the near future. :bigeyes:

k9sparx

Mar 25, 2008
Simei
One thing about nuclear fusion is it is going to be costly and probably hard to control. If a nuclear reactor would to explode, the consequences is already very bad. Imagine what would happen if nuclear fusion was involve... ...:think: We would probably be extinct before we can say anything.

scorpioh

Jul 17, 2007
Woodlands
One thing about nuclear fusion is it is going to be costly and probably hard to control. If a nuclear reactor would to explode, the consequences is already very bad. Imagine what would happen if nuclear fusion was involve... ...:think: We would probably be extinct before we can say anything.
Fusion is much more controllable than fission and the by products are non radioactive. Just that a great amount of energy is needed to initiate fusion.

peekarwe

Jul 24, 2005
www.noisyiso.com
oooohhhh... that's it... like spiderman 2... dr octopus thing... and some others la...can't remember specifically.... or is it the lee ang incredible hulk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom