Just decided on the Oly E-510

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Wondering how is your new exprerience with your new oly E510, like wise I also condering E510 and Nikon D80...

Hmm... i may go for E510, hope it is a right choice to make.

Most important is to go down and take a look and feel. See which fits in your hands better.

The Image Stablisation on the E-510, is enough to pull me to Olympus. And the E510 is also lighter than a D80. Kit lenses are really really light. And that doesn't mean lousy quality also. It is of very reasonable quality, better than many other kit lenses around. Most importantly, the price. You can get a E510 with 2 lenses @ about 1.2k. But the D80 costs much more. :)

Most important is to go down and take a look and feel. See which fits in your hands better.

The Image Stablisation on the E-510, is enough to pull me to Olympus. And the E510 is also lighter than a D80. Kit lenses are really really light. And that doesn't mean lousy quality also. It is of very reasonable quality, better than many other kit lenses around. Most importantly, the price. You can get a E510 with 2 lenses @ about 1.2k. But the D80 costs much more. :)

Ya, agree with you, the IS pull me to it as well, where can i get at 1.2k in SG? but the oli thing is not so in flavor is the viewfinder is pretty small... not sure if that is so important although i have perfect eyesight.. heehee :sweatsm:

Ya, agree with you, the IS pull me to it as well, where can i get at 1.2k in SG? but the oli thing is not so in flavor is the viewfinder is pretty small... not sure if that is so important although i have perfect eyesight.. heehee :sweatsm:

Not sure where I saw $1299. But I believe prices has dropped quite a bit since first launch.

If you feel the viewfinder small, you can get the ME-1 magnifier, which works really good with the E510.

Not sure where I saw $1299. But I believe prices has dropped quite a bit since first launch.

If you feel the viewfinder small, you can get the ME-1 magnifier, which works really good with the E510.

Sorry i didnt check with your contact as i just brought it earlier today. heehee... thanks for the advise on the magnifier anyway... any idea where to buy the magnifier?

Sorry i didnt check with your contact as i just brought it earlier today. heehee... thanks for the advise on the magnifier anyway... any idea where to buy the magnifier?

I think you can get it at Cathay Photo. :) But it costs quite a lot, around $60+ I believe.

And hope you are enjoying your E-510. Join us in the Four Thirds forum and do ask questions if needed.

Hi,

Wondering how is your new exprerience with your new oly E510, like wise I also condering E510 and Nikon D80...

Hmm... i may go for E510, hope it is a right choice to make.

Hi!
I have ordered it thru amazon and cause it's the christmas period i won't get it so soon! haha...
so i dun have any experience with it yet.
I decided on the oly in the end cause i feel that the anti shake is important to me... never know when i will need it.. maybe without tripod walking and i suddenly want to take a picture.. or when i'm in a moving vehicle on tour....

Well...I was spoiled by the OIS on my Panasonic compact. Couldn't bear the thought of going through life without IS to back me up. haha. Very handy as I usually do not deploy the tripod unless absolutely necessary. (you really do not want to set up a tripod in the middle of the road, or on the sidewalk, for example) Of course, do try to get a suitable tripod that you will actually carry with you. It's essential for those longer exposure pics or even that extra bit of critical sharpness when you do use it.

Hi!
I have ordered it thru amazon and cause it's the christmas period i won't get it so soon! haha...
so i dun have any experience with it yet.
I decided on the oly in the end cause i feel that the anti shake is important to me... never know when i will need it.. maybe without tripod walking and i suddenly want to take a picture.. or when i'm in a moving vehicle on tour....

erm... tried walking and jerking and taking photos... quite okay for the IS... haven't tried on a moving vehicle though... but the shooting conditions also play a part for the IS to work...

other then IS which is a selling point, i think that the liveview should not be over looked. though its a slow process, with the "right" method, it'll help a lot in photo taking... just experienced it last week when need to take high angle photos... :thumbsup:

just curious, if you order through amazon, will you be able to qualify for the free fastpack bag?... or its only for oly s'pore?...

erm... tried walking and jerking and taking photos... quite okay for the IS... haven't tried on a moving vehicle though... but the shooting conditions also play a part for the IS to work...

other then IS which is a selling point, i think that the liveview should not be over looked. though its a slow process, with the "right" method, it'll help a lot in photo taking... just experienced it last week when need to take high angle photos... :thumbsup:

just curious, if you order through amazon, will you be able to qualify for the free fastpack bag?... or its only for oly s'pore?...

Walking and jerking?? IS is not for that purpose. It might help a little, but for that, you need a fast shutter speed. It's for small movements, like handshake and stuff. Not like those you see on advertisements. Shake shake, then freeze! :bsmilie:

And if you order through amazon, I doubt you can get the offer, as you need to present your receipt as well. No battery grip also. That's why buy in SG now is better. :)

Walking and jerking?? IS is not for that purpose. It might help a little, but for that, you need a fast shutter speed. It's for small movements, like handshake and stuff. Not like those you see on advertisements. Shake shake, then freeze! :bsmilie:

And if you order through amazon, I doubt you can get the offer, as you need to present your receipt as well. No battery grip also. That's why buy in SG now is better. :)

Eh what battery grip? hey hey hey... am i missing out something???

And i second the point of dorts that IS function is not mean to be taking a picture while jerking it... crazy as i may sound i've SEEN sale man SWINGING the camera in front of older folks and taking a picture WITH FLASH. saying that "see like this picture also clear". :thumbsd:

Being a good citizen... i just went over and explain to the uncle why it is ALSO CLEAR.

Sigh... if telling the truth hurts... then don't say anything... why call bluff? :angry:

Eh what battery grip? hey hey hey... am i missing out something???

And i second the point of dorts that IS function is not mean to be taking a picture while jerking it... crazy as i may sound i've SEEN sale man SWINGING the camera in front of older folks and taking a picture WITH FLASH. saying that "see like this picture also clear". :thumbsd:

Being a good citizen... i just went over and explain to the uncle why it is ALSO CLEAR.

Sigh... if telling the truth hurts... then don't say anything... why call bluff? :angry:

LOL. I almost forgot that it's not an E-3! I'm to engrossed in my E-3. :bsmilie: Sorry.

LOL. I almost forgot that it's not an E-3! I'm to engrossed in my E-3. :bsmilie: Sorry.

aiya u... make me happy :cry: thought can get free grip :bsmilie: i also getting poisioned by the E3 virus... must ren... else ...

har??:eek: i dun get u? u mean u can take sharp pic even jerking..r u referring to VC?

Welcome aboard to the Olympus Camera world...
Enjoy...
Cheers...

haha... yah... actually what i mean is how i try out the IS... :)

My First Post!
"hello world"
haha....

Anyway was cracking my head for the longest time deciding between this and the D80.
Was also considering upping budget to get the 40D.
In the end I went for the E-510! Hope I made the right decision! :)

Anyway I put the order thru amazon, so won't be getting it anytime soon.

What are ur guys experience with olympus?

Hi,

Just wondering how much u got from amazon?

Status
Not open for further replies.