Just curious. Are there any ladies photographers here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jodie_tan said:
100-400mm

u meant 100-400 f2.8 :sticktong :bsmilie:

If you can find one at f/2.8, you'll need somebody to carry it for you. ;p

Anyway, be it ladies or gentleman, just shoot more. Don't need to worry about shooting with guys or not, as long as you're comfortable, you're always welcome. NUG has about 4 ladies too. Check it out ;)

Main thing is to learn and share, shoot more, talk more and learn more.

Keep shooting. :)

espn said:
If you can find one at f/2.8, you'll need somebody to carry it for you. ;p

Anyway, be it ladies or gentleman, just shoot more. Don't need to worry about shooting with guys or not, as long as you're comfortable, you're always welcome. NUG has about 4 ladies too. Check it out ;)

Main thing is to learn and share, shoot more, talk more and learn more.

Keep shooting. :)

nvm i TLOAN my shoulder to jodie :bsmilie:

Haha...i've got the "PI" lenses!Better not get into my viewfinder! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

quekky said:
what's "PI" lenses? :dunno:

private investigator? :bsmilie:

Don't worry, just take it as a compliment. I had been to a few outings with all guys, they are friendly, willing to share and fun to be with. Keep shooting and enjoy yourself.

Crysania said:
When you are the only female in a photography outing, you tend to be the target for their shoot. :what:
You obviously didn't go on NUG outings, whereby the guys get shots more than the gals ;p

Ask the G*** and ye shall know.

hOrizoNsKy said:
Will appreciate if the Admin Team to move this thread(s) to a suitable forum: ladies forum.. so ladies can be assured of privacy

Hi Horizonsky, you can PM Darren to get yourself a ticket to the female forum. You'll probably want to start a new SJ outing thread there too.

jodie_tan said:
Makes no big difference here...I'd rather shoot with the guys, they're a fun group and they treat me as one of their brothers, not a girl. Anyway...gals, I apologise here but what I'm going to say next is very sexist.
Generally, a female outing sounds to me like you girls don't like to mingle around with the guys. Majority of the photogs here are males and there are lots of things you can learn from them. I don't see why the guys can't come along. In fact, I grew up with the boys, played with them rough, threw dainty 'ah-nia' shoes out of the window and biked till late with them.Secondly, won't you agree with me that after a day's worth of shoot, everyone in the group will start to divert the topic to either gossip or shopping?Or maybe after a while?
Hmm...guys, pls chip in your replies on your views.
Apologies,
TJ

It's wonderful to know that you do modelling shoots, but how is your perspective on the way you portray models? do you find them any different from how men work on their shots?

My friends call me a guy trapped in a woman's body. Blame it on the incessent gaming, photography, the pants, the gadgets. So i'm kinda happy to know you are somewhat similar too. However, being all that, i'm quite a feminist - I refuse to believe that women lack the capabilities that men have, and I think with horizonsky's idea of a female outing, we might be able to see the difference in male and female perspectives. Perhaps we should make it into an experiment of sorts.

Also don't agree that women are all gossips and shopping only. My girlfriends and I have alot of fun engaging in intelligent banter. And these days, men shop and spend as much as women.

Ultimately, photography shouldn't be sexist. Everyone works toward creating their individual styles. While an all-female gathering will encourage female photographers to congregate and share ideas, it shouldn't just be mutually exclusive.

My goodness, this thread is still active here :bigeyes:

hOrizoNsKy said:
My goodness, this thread is still active here :bigeyes:

it was dead 7hours ago till u rekindled it :bsmilie:

jodie_tan said:
Makes no big difference here...I'd rather shoot with the guys, they're a fun group and they treat me as one of their brothers, not a girl. Anyway...gals, I apologise here but what I'm going to say next is very sexist.
Generally, a female outing sounds to me like you girls don't like to mingle around with the guys. Majority of the photogs here are males and there are lots of things you can learn from them. I don't see why the guys can't come along. In fact, I grew up with the boys, played with them rough, threw dainty 'ah-nia' shoes out of the window and biked till late with them.Secondly, won't you agree with me that after a day's worth of shoot, everyone in the group will start to divert the topic to either gossip or shopping?Or maybe after a while?
Hmm...guys, pls chip in your replies on your views.
Apologies,
TJ

Hi Jodie Tan,

Thanks for your statements. You sounds tough :sweat: pls hold your horse~
I have no means of trying to form a all girls outing to show gentlemen are not welcome. Neither was I trying to divide both genders with a red line. I have been hanging out with a group of guys for shooting eversince I joined CS, and stayed overnight for star trail shooting(I am the only lady that particular night, and Quakky, ITguy and Denniskee can be my witness), definately i don't feel uneasy to mingle with guys. That goes without saying by gaining valuable knowledge and experience from the guys here.

I hope I don't sounds offensive to anyone here, to me, it is as if a group of ladies being away from their boyfriends for a few hours or more, to find time to get together with their girlfriends in a ladies night or anything else. Nevertheless, you and some other guys seems to be rather uptight/upset about it.

Just pardon me to get this straight; This is my first time putting up a suggestion here, reason was simply because I wasn't told earlier that there is a ladies forum here. I've also make myself very very clear about my curiosity of how many ladies photographers are there in clubsnap. If I were to know earlier, I guess I won't risk starting up a thread allowing pple to thrash it by giving irrelevant and as well as sexist/egoistic comments :nono:
I am also grateful that my request to ladies forum has beem granted, and to my surprise, the forum seems so quiet. No offence here, just to be honest, if strongly based on your comments above, then I personally don't see the existence of "ladies forum" then :dunno:

I don't like to argue and makes myself sounds like I've done something wrong. It was SIMPLY JUST A HARMLESS THOUGHT for this thread, but if this is not enough and still some of you still feel otherwise, I have no say.

Lastly, I apologise for being harsh in my words.

I think I've better close this thread before everyone go out of the track :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.