just checking abt fogging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually if it's internal, u've to send it back to the service centre for cleaning. In severe cases they will have to change the lens element for u.

helfizad said:
can u clean lens tat is fogging or u need to change the lens element

Need to change the lens element...;)

Just a thought.

If the fog is due to condensation inside the lens, would it help if it was kept in a dry cabinet till it goes away? Would probably need to turn it down real low though...

nazure said:
Just a thought.

If the fog is due to condensation inside the lens, would it help if it was kept in a dry cabinet till it goes away? Would probably need to turn it down real low though...

It probably will but may leave residual stains.

nazure said:
Just a thought.

I tried that with one of my 4x5 lenses before and it works after a day or so. No stain. Not too sure about SLR lenses as they are much more complex.:dunno:

I ever had fogging on the INSIDE of my lens, think it go in when I was using spray type cleaning solution...

Placed some silica gel on the lens. Less than an hour later, it's gone. :eek:

But not sure if this can be applied for DSLRs...

redstone said:
I ever had fogging on the INSIDE of my lens, think it go in when I was using spray type cleaning solution...

Placed some silica gel on the lens. Less than an hour later, it's gone. :eek:

But not sure if this can be applied for DSLRs...

Wah...gd tip for anyone who has fogging on the inside of their lens. :thumbsup:

Want to be even faster?

try this. Use hair dryer to blow the lens. For me, normally the fogging would disappear for a while, but it would condense back under the lens.

Blow the lens with hair dryer. When fogging disappears, immediately invert the lens end in a plate of silica gel.

Did this on my prosumer cam when there's internal lens condensation. :)

I didn't have any internal lens fogging with my compact cam lens or conversion lenses cos i always keep them in a ziploc bag with a packet of silica gel.

I think to prevent all these, a dry cabinet would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.