just bitchin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

denizenx

Feb 1, 2002
L2TPYSG
Visit site
Sunday, I went to work as the Olympus promoter...
as I walked in, my colleagues asked me to handle this Uncle going to church.
He's here to buy a usb charger cable for his Zire 71.
He chose the el cheapo no-brand one for m505 (he said it works, ok lor), and insisted we show him how it can work with no Hotsync button. (we also had a Targus full button + LED version, but then he's like I said el cheapo *******. Both were at clearance SAME price but he didn't read the tags LOL)
Told him without the button Palm got hotsync software what (that says "HOTSYNC" with a HOTSYNC icon under Systems).
Insisted dun have.
Asked him to take out the Zire, toggled to System, point out to Hotsync and showed him. I kept quiet liao, no words no expression (maybe some but minimal).
During this he sneered, "You got use palm before?"
Saw the icon still insisted dun have. So I patiently clicked the icon with my fingernail and let the Hotsync app run. "This is not..." I *clicked* the nice fat red/blue square, passed him the Zire with the "connecting to cradle" screen. I went into the counter keep my bag etc.
Uncle Fish left the store, and I put back the cable.

Note: I was wearing a HP5450 T-shirt, so I must only be a pocketpc idiot savant.

Originally posted by denizenx

Note: I was wearing a HP5450 T-shirt, so I must only be a pocketpc idiot savant.

no wonder.... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

so next time if i go work part time during the Linux World exhibition...i better dun wear my microsoft T-shirt....

I dun think it was the shirt lah... imagine I wearing my .NET or Sun (dun ask how ;p)
sigh just how irritating some customers can be... try to be nice and get insulted...

Status
Not open for further replies.