Just another Newbie's request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

togu

Jul 11, 2002
@ D08
www.tommygui.com
It's funny tho, from this thread (Photographer or Hardware-Collector? ), the only conclusion I get, is some CS'pers do enjoy joining in some debate fun and starts shouting,

"Post Post Post!"
"Post more pictures!"
"Post some pictures for critiques"
"Let's talk more about photography techniques, skills, blah blah"
"Why no one do this, why no one do that..."
"Why they do this, why they do that, why , why ,why!"

etc.

But they themselves kept all their pictures in some big vault with double lock.

Everyone is asking for more pictures, more critiques, more discussions on real photography stuffs, but apparently everyone is waiting for others to do it instead. Some keeps complaining about nothing can be done, it's a norm for all forums, that's singaporean's attitude, so and so. Well, take the lead then.

Taking one of old Goondu's quote,

"Photography is An Art, all I heard is someone's fart"

Calling for all newbies, including myself, start posting your shots. For fast comments, post in Critique Corner. If the response is good, congrats, else, note that you have nothing to lose, keep trying. At least you have done your part to help the forum grow. It's a photography forum, posting 1 picture will definitely worth more then typing 1000 words in other's thread.

Calling all amateurs, you are the group that should post even more, help us newbies to open up our thoughts. Words can't really explain much, visual is what we are waiting for.

Calling for self-declared pros, you might think posting your glamour shots are worthless, cos no one appreciates, and you don't need some newbies to comment your shots. Well, good for you.

Calling all real pros, your guidance and words are definitely much appreciated.

Just a simple request from a noob.

PS. Self-declared pros, trolls, "Ego"ists need not have to read this post.

Originally posted by denizenx
dunno what to say... but support u anyway :cry: :)

Touchy...touchy...

* togu hug the muffin man... :cry:

Originally posted by ckiang
Speaking of Goondu, whatever happened to him? Haven't seen him in the forums for some time liao...

Regards
CK

Probably got bashed up for making that quote. :p

Jokes aside, heard that he's real busy with his work. :)

My support for u, Master togu...:D

But then I always came across ppl bashing those who put up their photos for critique as to show off & just wanted to be praised...How should we deal with this issue? :dunno:

Newbie IVOR said, "I agree with Master henavs... this is a very touchy issue, Master togu..."

Originally posted by henavs

But then I always came across ppl bashing those who put up their photos for critique as to show off & just wanted to be praised...How should we deal with this issue? :dunno:

Ignore them? Anyway, we are mature enough not to be bothered by these immature beings, rite?

Anyway, bashing is not necessary no good. There may be a point but just happened that the writer didn't know how to express it. Anyway, if you can't take bashing, then don't post lor. But then don't post, no bashing, but will never getthe real good critics. Frankly, for those real nonsense ones, just ignore it lah.

=========
K.L.K.K.C.B.L.
=========

actually i was toying with the idea of organising a point-and-shoot only photo outing sometime.... only P&S and digicams allowed, no SLRs, lenses or tripods, etc.

any1 interested?

Originally posted by Larry
actually i was toying with the idea of organising a point-and-shoot only photo outing sometime.... only P&S and digicams allowed, no SLRs, lenses or tripods, etc.

any1 interested?

Can I bring along my Rollie P&S? :angel:

1. IVOR - Kodak DC220

any1 interested?

Originally posted by e_liau
Can I bring along my Rollie P&S? :angel:
ya, why not? i think rangefinders are ok too, or even medium format. i'll be using my el cheapo yashica T4 or T5 film cam...

but one stipulation - your lens must not be detachable from your cam body. ;)

Hear no evil,
Feed no troll.

:)

If I'll to post some pics, all comments helps. Offensive? Just ignore them, words don't kill. :)

any1 interested?

I don't have a P&S cam, probably will get a box of disposable cam instead. :)

ya, why not? i think rangefinders are ok too, or even medium format. i'll be using my el cheapo yashica T4 or T5 film cam...

Even puny expensive Leicas and Contaxes?;)

Cheap Praktica SLRs cannot meh?

Originally posted by togu
*snip*

Taking one of old Goondu's quote,

"Photography is An Art, all I heard is someone's fart"

*snip*

OH NO! Goondu's waxing lyrical *again*! :D

*snip*

Calling for self-declared pros, you might think posting your glamour shots are worthless, cos no one appreciates, and you don't need some newbies to comment your shots. Well, good for you.

*snip*

self-called professionals? how about me? i'm using "P" mode on my camera... wonder who was the one teaching us "P is for Professional mode"... :bsmilie:

Should be fun :)

togu yaya leh... LOL

anyway about ppl wanting to show off, isn't that true? usually u take ur best pic and put it up, so ppl can tell u if it misses something.
no point posting a pic u urself knows is really bad...

other than that, my only complaint is that sometimes ppl miss the theme of the photograph (;p) which grieves me... but it's a subjective matter as usual... hands tied...

Hear no evil,
Feed no troll.

:)

If I'll to post some pics, all comments helps. Offensive? Just ignore them, words don't kill. :)

Indeed...I still have more to learn to resist forces of evil & troll...:)

Loophole here... ie. Olympus E10/E20 can join this outing liao...

Status
Not open for further replies.