Just a walk (for an unemployed)

Shuttercrab

Nov 23, 2009
West
Gotten sick of staying at home and job hunting, so just took a walk around...

C&C welcome =)

1. Car in Red
IMG_4625.jpg

2. 5 steps
IMG_4635.jpg

3. Stand Tall
IMG_4645.jpg

4. Other side of the bridge
IMG_46481.jpg

5. Rails
IMG_46601.jpg

Last edited:
6. Sidegate
IMG_46661.jpg

7. Erm... Who's sitting there...?!
IMG_4675.jpg

8. Old, Tall, Lifeless
IMG_46851.jpg

9. Deserted playmate
IMG_47031.jpg

10. Life, on a Dead Log
IMG_4764.jpg

nice series, shoot more. hope u can find a job soon. All the best in job hunting :)

thanks! gotta work harder at both shooting and job hunting haha :bsmilie:

hi liionel, thanks for viewing :)

nice, i think that the pics actually show your current mood. Cheer up and hope you find a job. all the best. :)

hi tikiman! hmmm now that u mention it, i realized this is the 1st time i'm really using black and white... guess i'm really getting moody, gotta find the "colours" back in my life haha :bsmilie:

#8 has nice mood...

Pls shoot more...only after you have found your job..haha..naah..just joking...shoot when you wana relax and have fun!

Take heart. Sometimes being employed is worse than being unemployed.

Nice series and good luck man!!

Thanks for all your encouragements!! In a way i'm quite glad that now have the time to do the things that i wanted to do, but it still hurts when bills continue to come and all haha...

Oh anyway, this is somewhere along Portsdown Rd and Woking Rd. Started off with no idea about the place and just explore!! (but i first read abt it in one of the threads in CS that it's on of the "Forgotten" places)

From just another walk around on a sunny weekday. I think they have a different feel, but guess I'll just add them into this thread since it belongs to the "unemployed series"

#11 A Door and a Window
IMG_4837.jpg

This door and window looks quite ordinary, but don't know why somehow it just got my attention.

#12 Looking up
IMG_4829.jpg

#13 One, and Two
IMG_4840.jpg

#14 Resting Area
IMG_48062.jpg

Think these stone chairs are kinda like my current situation. Nice period of rest time, but my butts will hurt if I on them for too long!

#15 Butterfly
IMG_4892.jpg

#16 Overcrowded
IMG_49171.jpg

When I have too much on my mind...

#17 Just a Drain
IMG_50541.jpg

#18 Look
IMG_4883.jpg

This is something different from before I guess. Somehow this bunch of Frangipanis just stood out on a single, tall, long stalk.

Hey,

None of the photos really stood out for me- they seem more point&shoot snapshots than anything else. I think #7 was wasted, the chair in the middle of nowhere has a potential to create a more dramatic scene. Don't take all these to heart though.

Keep shooting, hope you find a job soon :)
AC

Hi Candycaine, thanks for viewing! I used to be too shy to post my pics, but think if I really want to improve, should shoot more, share some pics and get feedbacks! And now is a good time since I'm "free" lol.

Beautiful solitude...

Hi Candycaine, thanks for viewing! I used to be too shy to post my pics, but think if I really want to improve, should shoot more, share some pics and get feedbacks! And now is a good time since I'm "free" lol.

Don't be shy about posting. The beauty about photography (and art in general) is that no two people see things exactly the same way. What works for you doesn't necessarily work for me. But having more viewpoints from critique allows you to improve because your mind is open to different ideas. :)