Just a rant

zzyzx

Aug 25, 2007
Yesterday met up with a buyer for my 14mmL and the transaction goes smoothly. the same day during lunch time i wanna call another buyer for my fuji x100 but i keyed the wrong no and called the 14mmL buyer instead.

upon answering my phone call i realised my mistake. so i apologised and at the same time asked the buyer if the lens is ok. then he started complaining that the exterior of the lens got scratches at the red ring (He must have bought the lens just for the red ring). then i was like oookkk... and told him that this is a used lens so for sure there will be some user mark. (but i really take extreme good care of this lens and do not remember there is any serious scratches. minor scratches sure have.)

then the next moment he was asking me how ar? how ar? wah lao its not as if there is scratch on the lens element. or major scratches or dent etc. then he was saying he is feeling a bit sian now (confirm waiting for me to say give him discount etc which he did requested once after he agreed to the original price and reserved the lens). then since i got nothing much to say, i kept quiet. then he responded that he never check properly also then let off this case. then hang up the phone.

firstly, the lens is really in tip top condition.
secondly, the lens still got 1 mth warranty but in my BnS sales thread i take it as no warranty and sell $740 below market brand new pcs. just this point he benefited.
thirdly, my advice to all peeps if you are looking for 100% perfect items, please go straight to shop to buy brand new.
forthly, the lens is for you to take good pictures, not to admire at the red ring. sometimes i even gaffer the red ring to stay low profile and act as newbie.

what matter most is the money is inside your pocket now..

what matter most is the money is inside your pocket now..

its not abt money in my pocket. its abt the seller thinks i cheated him? if the lens got serious scratch i think its right to inform in advance and for him to decide to buy. but there is no serious scratches in the first place.

just like a second hand car sure for swivel mark or little dings here and there. if wanna look for perfect car should go showroom. you see the point?

Last edited:
ya i see the point. there are ppl whom got the 'regret-after-purchase' syndrome.

i can tell you that if he has a narrow-minded personality that he is so particular with tiny scratches. he will scrutinise the purchase closely before purchase.

since he had accepted the purchase and pay you promptly; it shows that he regretted the purchase and wanted to return it or ask for discount.

you see the point?

anyway he didnt ask for that.. forget about it

no point being a good man

Yup actually just a rant.

We need good buyers as much as we need good sellers.

I always make it a point to show buyers any flaws regardless of how small it is.

but so far most of my buyers okay one le. i ask them check they always say nvm should be fine.

zzyzx said:
its not abt money in my pocket. its abt the seller thinks i cheated him?

You're a good man, and it's natural to feel bad when acting nice with morons.

Ignore and moveon

TS, you gave him a good deal. he's just regretting, just as bro dreaming said.

he regrets not checking first, and yes, he's most probably the type to show off gear rather than shoot. so now, he's using this as an excuse to get back some cash.

but as a lesson for newbies who might read this thread... NEVER. these people are only out to try to force you to get a better price.

make your stand and don't give in to low-ballers. if they want something good, they pay top dollar. if they're looking for a ridiculously low price for high-end equipment, they can just bugger off.

I don't buy the story. Too many loopholes.

If true very easy to settle. Take the lens back and return the money. Sell to next buyer.

Last edited: