JUst a QN? ALAN PHOTO.. GOOD? MY FOOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nebula

Mar 7, 2004
Singapore
HI all...

Just Wondering what's the pple point of view of ALAN PHOTO?

because, i am so damm disappointed in them till i swear i will not enter that shop again... : :bheart:

Yesterday, i intend to go to chinese garden to shoot latern. It just strike me that i should go GET A NEW tripod to play with.. (cause i have the ballhead le.. purchased @AP supposed to have get whole set wif tripod.. but partially for not getting the person reserved for me thru phone..so.. don't wish to mention or super long story)

i called MS .. no stocked :cry:

i called ALAN PHOTO again, TO# (don't really wished to disclose other name) ans and say : YES WE HAVE IT, but all bundle up, but if you want, i can sell you the tripod alone at about 150 (way exp) , price still can nego(bundle price 185)

i went down happy with my camera and ball head
Upon arrival, i talked to a middle age uncle about tom. UNCLE say he is not around, i mentioned the deal and he say no... all bundle up. no selling one pc.. i insisted.. then he called TO# and he say TO# M likely made a mistake.. and insist only next week then have the single pc selling.

i got so pissed off, cause actually it was 2nd time such an incident happend on me... AT AP ,and the UNCLE attitude is "LP" not sincere at all, when i asked if they have fuji 800 press film. he just decline.

I AM totally disappointed in ALAN PHOTO, such a well reputated shop. Have this kind of thing Happening... and no 800 film ..HOW CAN SUCH A thing happening??? in the end... i went chinese garden.. with camera and ball head, and no shooting ... too piss off ! :angry:

Are they too successful tat they can did things like this to some new photography enthu??? not too sure if anyone have encounter such a thing.

Posted it out, hope as a lesson sharing with pple out there wanted to buy thingy from them.. TRI-check to ensure NO MISTAKE was made...

Still pissed OFF :nono:
Nebula

My bad experience with them is that one of the sales guy there quoted me the sigma 70-300mm lens for $500 but that was more than a year ago when I first got my 10D. Maybe I look like a chopping board ? :dunno: But I still got my 100-400 from them because I called them up and enquired about the price before going down and the price is about the same as elsewhere. ;p

Hehe... typical SLS shop... whatdya expecting? Top premium quality service? Hehe.

Typically almost all SLS shop is like that whatdya expecting? Long time ago has already given up on them. CP can be better than AP. :rolleyes:

Actually, AP's service standards are not very uniform across all salesmen.

There were so many times where I walked into AP enquiring about prices of items, but only to receive a rude reply and a ridiculous quote.

Down the road, I realised that the most important issue was actually the salesman that attended to you. There are only a few salesmen (or maybe only one) that are decent enough.

Well, if AP doesn't suit you, CP's just a stone's throw away... :)

well, i've patronized AP and have always got good prices there. i guess you need to know the correct salesman. i never buy from them when he's not around.

sequitur said:
well, i've patronized AP and have always got good prices there. i guess you need to know the correct salesman. i never buy from them when he's not around.

His name start with "S" end with "N"?

and enquiring at their peak business hours,
some sales personnel's attitube are better than other,
service standard in singapore has a long way to go,
same thing happen to me regarding phone request & actual available stock......

make a trip to SLS :flame: for a bad experience ........

generally speaking.......... :think:

I prefer to go to MS Colour - they are very helpful and friendly there :thumbsup:

What we wear and how many cards/cash we carried in our wallet is of no consequence if we bleach our skin white and dye our hair blonde. Alternateively ask your expatriate colleagues to come along during your camera shopping trips.

i never like AP,the atmosphere there is so volatile.rather pay abit more at CP than feed those sales man at AP.i once asked a sales guy at AP how much that shrink wrapped gold leica M6 cost,he told me $1500.feel like slapping him.

kiwitan said:
What we wear and how many cards/cash we carried in our wallet is of no consequence if we bleach our skin white and dye our hair blonde. Alternateively ask your expatriate colleagues to come along during your camera shopping trips.

True, if you are 'angmo' sure they like you. Me also had same kind of bad experience there. That's the first and also the last visit for me to that shop again. :devil:

had more or less similar experience to u guys too...
Welcome to Singapore gentlemen

AP= :thumbsd: for me. Went once and NEVER again.
CP= :think: Depends...
TCW= :thumbsup: My favourite place...

Just my personal experience.... :D

You should not visit this kind of 'black shop' again!
I had also have very bad experience in Alley Photo in Centrepoint. The old man is very rude even to the 'angmo' who ask price but never buy from him. Tat time lucky enough for me, my friend and I both hang a Leica M6 on our neck and he serve us well. :dunno:
Go and visit Nelson from Konota and I am sure that he is a better salesperson! :thumbsup:

yeh , nelson is good ....

A.P. is well , if u want good prices , u must know them too...

nebula said:
........................... I AM totally disappointed in ALAN PHOTO, such a well reputated shop. Have this kind of thing Happening... and no 800 film ..HOW CAN SUCH A thing happening??? in the end... i went chinese garden.. with camera and ball head, and no shooting ... too piss off ! :angry:

Are they too successful tat they can did things like this to some new photography enthu??? not too sure if anyone have encounter such a thing.

Posted it out, hope as a lesson sharing with pple out there wanted to buy thingy from them.. TRI-check to ensure NO MISTAKE was made...

Still pissed OFF :nono:
Nebula

Wa ..... too bad for you. If you want a better experience in future, you should visit JOHN 3:16 at Funan Centre. Consistent service throughout ..... no need to look for particular sales staff. They are all willing to give you their best service. You need to be there to experience the difference.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.