Just A Piece of Cloth

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennquek

Oct 11, 2007
Yishun
Hi people! Its my first post in the Critique Corner.. Erm, basically, I'm new to photography and I've always wanted to bring my "skills" to another level, and I strongly believe I do need a lot of guidance from others to improve myself further more..

So here goes my first post.. This shot was taken by a Konica Minolta A2 set at auto mode, edited the lighting to make the background turns darker to achieve the "spotlight" effect..

I took this photo during my lil' break time while tidying up my room, not in any particular mood at that time though (tired maybe =p)..

I'm seeking C&C on the lighting of the flash, it is too over exposed? And as for the subject, should I crumpled it up and set my main focus on the word itself with the same perspective of this current one?

Ermm.. Hope that helps for a write-up.. Will improve it (the write-up) if needed, and of cos for the future post too.. Thanks for the endurance and of cos' C&C welcome..

030a.jpg

Last edited:
Which aspect are you seeking critique at?
What's the story behind your image?

I suggest you re-do a writeup (again).

It's a picture of a cloth, with a spotlight. It's impossible to do meaningful critique on its own. The saying a picture tells a thousand words isn't actually literal.

:embrass: Sorry guys.. Hope it is better now? :sweat:

Am sincerly sorry.. :sweat:

To me, the picture tells no story...

It's not overexposed, to answer your question. Perhaps you can start to exit the auto modes and play along with more settings. I mean, everything is alright, in focus, nothing particularly wrong with it.

Haha.. I never thought of telling any story (no offence).. But nevertheless point taken, will be more specific in every aspect and will explore more with the other modes.. :D

Thanks all and see ya'll next week with some improvement (i hope).. ;p

I'd recommend you, since you said youre a newbie, just like me and many others in here, to read up all other posts in this segmen, say 20 or more posts with >10 replies to get what / why we're here for. Compare with yours, spot the differences and work on from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.