Just a chair

kmitbp

Dec 14, 2010
5289424391_4777325b45_z.jpg

Hi all, a totally newbie just stated to learn photography.

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Exposure and composition.

2. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Taken around 8pm after a heavy downpour

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
So far of all my shots, this is the best i like

can the seniors gave me some comment for me to improve myself......

Perhaps you could practise the rule of thirds for a start. Selection of an interesting subject, perspective, angle and composition is very important. Establish a foreground, the subject and a background, then frame and shoot. The white balance in this shot is off, unless you intend it to be so. Shoot more and you see the improvements, cheers! :)

looks like just a snapshot to me.

if u shoot head on with the chair. you will eliminate the tree and lamp post behind. the bushes behind the chair will frame your chair instead.

May i suggest taking from a slightly higher angle from the diagonal side. Perhaps that will add a feeling of invitation of ppl tosit on it, which after all is what benches are for.

Also, maybe can zoom out abit to give a context of where this is?

Good still life shot haha. Could work as a stock ^^

Nice.. managed to capture a bit of "feeling". I can feel a sense of loneliness and melancholy in the pic, which I like :)

I like the foreground, the reflections from the water droplets after the heavy downpour, and the shadows on the ground.

You might want to pay a bit more details to the background.
The vertical black lamppost that cut across the pic, the blue/red signboard, and white light spots are distracting. Next time can try to take from different angles. Alternatively, can use a larger aperture to give more background blur.

Noticed that you are selling off your D3100, hope you are not too discouraged by the comments in this thread!

Hello kmitbp - Comments and Critiques coming up..
Let start with the good stuff..
1. If you want to create a sense of loneliness, peace and quietness.. the orange tint is just right..

I just read the Comments/Critiques from Adnix AND I AGREED with all his COMMENTS/CRITIQUES!! :thumbsup: - no point repeating most of it again :)

Just to add.. in addition to different angle to remove the distracting background/larger aperture.. you can also try a different bench (at a different location)..

I just happen to have recently posted a few shots based on benches.... you might want to have a look at
some other shots with benches #1 - #3 - #8 - #9. Hope it will be useful to you..