Just a chair

kmitbp

Dec 14, 2010

Hi all, a totally newbie just stated to learn photography.

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Exposure and composition.

2. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Taken around 8pm after a heavy downpour

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
So far of all my shots, this is the best i like

can the seniors gave me some comment for me to improve myself......

Perhaps you could practise the rule of thirds for a start. Selection of an interesting subject, perspective, angle and composition is very important. Establish a foreground, the subject and a background, then frame and shoot. The white balance in this shot is off, unless you intend it to be so. Shoot more and you see the improvements, cheers! :)

sinned79

Jun 18, 2009
Singapore
www.aboutlove.sg
looks like just a snapshot to me.

if u shoot head on with the chair. you will eliminate the tree and lamp post behind. the bushes behind the chair will frame your chair instead.

nitewalk

Staff member
May 31, 2010
Singapore
May i suggest taking from a slightly higher angle from the diagonal side. Perhaps that will add a feeling of invitation of ppl tosit on it, which after all is what benches are for.

Also, maybe can zoom out abit to give a context of where this is?

Adnix

Feb 24, 2007
Nice.. managed to capture a bit of "feeling". I can feel a sense of loneliness and melancholy in the pic, which I like :)

I like the foreground, the reflections from the water droplets after the heavy downpour, and the shadows on the ground.

You might want to pay a bit more details to the background.
The vertical black lamppost that cut across the pic, the blue/red signboard, and white light spots are distracting. Next time can try to take from different angles. Alternatively, can use a larger aperture to give more background blur.

Noticed that you are selling off your D3100, hope you are not too discouraged by the comments in this thread!

ClemC

Jun 12, 2010
Within myself
Hello kmitbp - Comments and Critiques coming up..
Let start with the good stuff..
1. If you want to create a sense of loneliness, peace and quietness.. the orange tint is just right..

I just read the Comments/Critiques from Adnix AND I AGREED with all his COMMENTS/CRITIQUES!! :thumbsup: - no point repeating most of it again :)

Just to add.. in addition to different angle to remove the distracting background/larger aperture.. you can also try a different bench (at a different location)..

I just happen to have recently posted a few shots based on benches.... you might want to have a look at
some other shots with benches #1 - #3 - #8 - #9. Hope it will be useful to you..

Top Bottom