Jusbounce Bounce Card dimension

Status
Not open for further replies.

melcheong72

Deregistered
Mar 22, 2006
Hi,

Trying to DIY a bounce card as I have some white material left over from other purpose.

I would like to follow the dimension of the Jusbounce card.

Can someone kindly measure the dimension (just the effective area) so that I can make a duplicate?

Thanks

Thanks Hazekang!

Wonder if I have leftover material, should I make 1 smaller and one even bigger than 13 X 13 cm. Wonder how jusbounce came up with a 13X 13 cm dimension ...

Just realized 13 X 13 cm is actually quite small. I thought I saw someone with a much bigger bounce card (probably DIYed) than 13 X 13 cm!

put a piece of paper on the position of the bounce, then try a few test flash to see how big is the area of flash on the paper... then cut accordingly :)

hazekang said:
put a piece of paper on the position of the bounce, then try a few test flash to see how big is the area of flash on the paper... then cut accordingly :)
Good idea!

It will not be square. Small in bottom, large in top. Optimized bounce card!

Regards,
Arto.

i made an almost exact replica of it, although i had to resize it cuz when i printed the layout it was far too big ;p

Art Friend , Scissors , Sand Paper

size ? depends on yr usage... theres no fix size for such thing
:)

if you are afraid that ur bounce card end up too small, den just use the whole piece of material :bsmilie:
ok serious, i think mine is much smaller, only 12cm in width and barely 10cm above the flash head

BounceCard.jpg

Just made one, out of white PVC and velco... :)
Figure out that a fan shaped would be better than a rectangular one, since when in bounced position, flash is defaulted to 50mm...

you guys think this is good enuff??:bsmilie:

but i dun have a basis to base its efficiency on... :confused:

So hopefully people who have maybe the same shape could tell me whether this is better or rectangular one are more efficient...

thanks..

When you turn your cmaera sideways you normally rotate the flash too so it still faces up right? If you rotate the flash but leave the bounce card wont it bounce the wrong way?

I tried a little experiment once regarding the shape of bounce cards... I find that it doesn't really make a diff. Changing Material/ angle of flash head produces a greater variation in results than the actual shape. Cards ard the same size (roughly ~12cm) tend to produce similiar results even if the shape is varied somewhat.

Its a pity you brought up this discussion now... I recently deleted the sample pics I took with different bounce cards to free up HD space... overall I got better results using a stofen so I abandoned the bounce card idea.

(Pls. do not start a stofen vs. bounce card vs. LSII debate - I'm not saying that one is better than the other... I just mentioned it as the reason why I did not keep the bounce card sample pics...very scared of some CSers now)

solarii said:
(Pls. do not start a stofen vs. bounce card vs. LSII debate - I'm not saying that one is better than the other... I just mentioned it as the reason why I did not keep the bounce card sample pics...very scared of some CSers now)
:bsmilie: I get what you mean.. later you'll get branded for hating bounce cards because you spoke against bounce cards. ;p

Back to topic. I too have made several bounce cards for a mini experiment. From name card size to A5. There was little significant gain when the size changed from A5 to A4 I also tried gloss(laminated) and matt surfaces and also found little differences that I could tell. I also with softbox these days.

The shape of the jusBounce bounce card is engineered and designed based on the reflection of the hotshoe mounted flash of 24mm zoom.

How I know? Because I'm the manufacturer of jusBounce and also one of the 4 ppl who after many round of brainstormings and discussions, came out with the current shape. Just for info, the original JusBounce card is manufactured in a plastic factory, each piece is laser-cut, thus the edges of the jusBounce card is smooth and all corners are rounded to prevent accidental injury to the photography. The squarish shape is for easy keeping and storing. The jusFasterner, velco which comes with every pack is from the oem bulk packing version of the original trademark brand Velco from US. This velco has the industrial grade strength and yet will not leave any glue stains on the flash when remove. :)

Just to keep up, I'll be launching a series of new products marketed under the 'jus' branding soon. Watch out for these products:

i. jusBounce wide - a newer bounce card design that can cover up to 17mm for wide angle lenses.

ii. jusColours - a sets of fun colour-gels for all hotshoe mounted flashes to give you the kind of creative flash photography that one can only do using strobes in a studio now.

iii. jusCapIt! - a special designed camera body caps for both Nikon & Canon. Featuring on this camera body cap is a variable size pin hole from f/5.6-f/64 and the pin hold is protected with a fixed focal length of 35mm plastic lens element. This makes any Canon & Nikon camera body to become a Point&Shoot pin-hole camera.

The above products is targetted to launch in the last quarter of 2006. Currently in R&D stage and the prototypes will be out in July for testing.

Just for info, for those who wish to purchase the original jusBounce and feels lazy to copy and diy the design of the original jusbounce card, the stock will be arriving early next week to TK Photo located at Beach Road Shaw Towers (Jade & Prince Cinema) at 2nd Storey.

Status
Not open for further replies.