www.facebook.com
Camera: Sony DSLR-A700
Exposure: 0.005 sec (1/200)
Aperture: f/11
Focal Length: 18 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Lens Used: Sony 18-70

2373134903_683b0e5cf2.jpg

Taken at my neighourhood @ 6+pm with focus on the clouds.
C & C pls :D

Think you need to crank up the colors in PS using the S curve but honestly speaking.. there's no focus on this pic so it's kinda boring.. do try again..

Yes I agree with the above post. No interesting subject.

indeed some post process is necessary, even with A700, e.g. a few of my sunset shots are all post process by PS for curve or bring out the contrast, or using High Dynamic Range program on the 2nd shots.

point of interest is missing,but i find it a interesting compostion:thumbsup:its the colors and its itexture that is the focal point in this pic:)

Thanks for pointing out my mistake :thumbsup:
Will give it another attempt next week wif the tips in mind :cool:

i think its really nice but just brighten it up alil bit and you have a nice award wining photo =)

btw i find it awesome the composure etc. indv preference i think

no subject to understand. But good as wallpaper.

I agree with all of their comments. You have something in this picture in your favour - the colour and texture of the cloud. Like what they say, your picture lacks subject. When this is the case, you need VERY strong colours and texture to make your picture interesting. This is evident in ZCF's picture.

Your cropping is quite all right, if you shot this in RAW, you can re-process it using HDR to try and get more saturation and contrast. Try cropping out the land so that your focus is clear - on the clouds' colour and texture. Hope that was useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.