Jurong East MRT Station, 820am, Aug 6 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

albertsy2

Jul 22, 2009
A picture is worth a thousand words.

Photo0313.jpg

Photo0314.jpg

Taken with my crummy celphone camera, and edited to soften.

Wah.. What's the scene? MRT broke down again?

i guess so... SMRT should be sued for million$ of $$$ for lost income.

This scene looks like some train station somewhere in India.

../azul123

I kenna once in Clementi some years ago, worse thing was the escalator was still in operation, and people going up to the platform had no idea....quite a pileup at the top of the escalator.

The above scene shows a complete failure to perform crowd control at the station level. If the train arrives, people can trample on one another when the panic mode overrides. They have a maximum crowd quota and yet they flaunt the rules.

Well, having deployed 500 engineers and shift crews to catch people eating and drinking on MRT, they probably had slackened in their very own duties.

I wonder if LTA can issue a $10million fine on SMRT then and then re-issue them out as rebates to commuters.

The above scene shows a complete failure to perform crowd control at the station level. If the train arrives, people can trample on one another when the panic mode overrides. They have a maximum crowd quota and yet they flaunt the rules.

Well, having deployed 500 engineers and shift crews to catch people eating and drinking on MRT, they probably had slackened in their very own duties.

I wonder if LTA can issue a $10million fine on SMRT then and then re-issue them out as rebates to commuters.

Being an interchange, the crowd at Jurong East MRT is CRAZY during the peak hours. Actually, off peak also crowded!! Siao one ;(

This shows how over-populated is Sg now. Especially 50% or more are Foreigners/PRs.

Yeah ... Jobs are scarce now, everyone on their toes.

The Train didn't break down. There was just too many people in ratio with the Train Frequency. It happens almost every morning there. Have you noticed, that our transport companies like to release little buses/trains during the peak hours and later at the non peak hours, you get to see 3 or 4 buses of the same service number running around at the same time.:nono::bigeyes:

It's time some one did something to change this. I wish i could, but i have no say to how this country is run.

GMAN

I prefer taking buses. Felt more space to breathe. MRTs everyone just squeeze as if there's no tomorrow, esp peak hour.

one of the problem in train station is that they still let ppl go into the station platform even if the controller knows that there is a delay along the line. Doesn't this create a crowded platform which eventually becomes a hazard?

btw, train jammed along the lines is getting more frequent nowadays. it's especially frequent during peak hour. is our longest serving east/west line and north/south line aging? :confused:

Easy answer from above, if you look at Japan, Singapore MRT still have the capacity to pack it in.

I think the timing of trains at Jurong East MRT is crazy! :confused:

I always take the train between 7.45am to 8am towards Woodlands from Jurong East.
The timing is inconsistent, sometimes 6 mins, 3 mins, 2mins.. fastest is 1 min.. BUT LONGEST IS 10mins!!! :angry:

I also notice that the east-bound train have weird timing. Sometimes 3mins, sometimes 2mins, once in a while, 5mins!
Better still, a train which is "Do Not Board" arrives 3 mins after the previous one and the next train is 4mins.. :sweat:

You can imagine the crowd that can be found there?
I wonder what will happen IF NDP is held at JE..
I think stampede will happen.. :sweat:

Wah.. What's the scene? MRT broke down again?

I was caught in this jam between 825am in Clementi till 855am Raffles Place. iirc, it was announced over the intercom about every 10min or so as "due to a fault in the train(?) track(?), this train is delayed..." The journey was slower by about 10min.

The train paused about 10 -15sec at least 3X in-between every station.

While it stopped in the tunnel, you can hear trains passing by but cant see it.

yah.. wonder if the decision makers in xxx takes mrt to work to see whats going on

a colleague of mine applied urgent leave as he was to pissed off to go work after experiencing the whole episode :(

wonder how many else turn around for home that day; productivity level disrupted.

worst thing is, i didn't hear anything about it in the news. did anyone?

I have a friend cum ex college who insisted to take bus than MRT, he said at least the bus
have seats for him during the ride home.

Status
Not open for further replies.