Jurong East it is...

UncleFai

Mar 10, 2010
Singapore
May be some folks can help me understand... we kao peh about Tanjong Pagar train station because then our government said CIQ so far inside Singapore is unacceptable security wise. CIQ must be at the borders. How come now can leh?

May be some folks can help me understand... we kao peh about Tanjong Pagar train station because then our government said CIQ so far inside Singapore is unacceptable security wise. CIQ must be at the borders. How come now can leh?

Security situation changes day to day depending on geopolitical considerations. :)

2 words for you.... Dr M

Beside... from Woodlands to Tanjong Pagar the train cut through the heart of SG from North to South... Jurong is on the West side of SG... train will most likely have to stop at 2nd Link Tusa Check Point or a new Check Point at the boarder before final stop at Jurong East... unlike last time when the train roar across the causeway without stopping till its final destination at Tanjong Pagar...

We'll just have to wait and see the final blueprint to know how the security will be handled... :think:

I am sure they need to.clear ciq at the border. But I don't understand why then high speed to jurong east? Tuas or woodland to jurong east how to high speed?

I am sure they need to.clear ciq at the border. But I don't understand why then high speed to jurong east? Tuas or woodland to jurong east how to high speed?

Don't think they are using the same rail line as KTM.... :think:

Experts interviewed on TV says that it will be underground.

Experts interviewed on TV says that it will be underground.

Likely to be at the golf course, whether over or underground. Good opportunity to get even more out of sacrificing the golf course by building another few more malls above the train tracks.

The old railway line pass through MINDEF's gate.
The new railway line pass through industry estate.

The new line don't stop at Woodlands because it is possible the causeway will be converted to a bridge. When the causeway need to be converted to a bridge, most likely it will be close for months or years. Many people will be force to take the High Speed Train so that it will be profitable. it will be same strategy as MRT cutover, take away all buses and force everyone to take trains.

LKY said he don't want the Causeway to be converted to bridge while he is alive. But now he is gone, so everyone are considering the bridge option again.

Last edited:
.. Let's look at the details.

While it's rejoice time for businesses and property agent, for people like me who bought a flat some 15 years ago, is something I will frown on.

Because I choose jurong area to be as away from the crowds of the city area but looks like now it will be crowded as hell. Things will get worse. Having already put up with the noise RSAF jets landing and taking off and the Jurong Island /Tuas Industrial air, now comes the redevelopments & large crowds. Won't move as I work in the area. Sianz.

Last edited:
JCC members super pissed... they just blew $24 million on renovation in 2012. Should we compensate them more?

Yesterday, a relative commented: "this KL-SIN link is a waste of money and should not be built. What benefits are there to Singapore that justify the investment?" Wu li you leh... other than easier for Singaporeans to buy more Malaysian stuff, plus go Genting more often, I can't think of tangible benefits TO Singapore.

Water?

We trade you water for your money???

Trade is good.

Wasn't this CIQ thing just redone in like 98 or something and now they want to move it?

Please forgive me I am an outsider looking at this.

From what little I have read about this causeway maybe they should just tear the thing down and come up with something better??? More digital age...

Last edited:
...From what little I have read about this causeway maybe they should just tear the thing down and come up with something better??? More digital age...

A digital bridge?

odd_trampoline_bridge.jpg

Yes something like that maybe... :bsmilie:

Must include a bike path though...