Jurong Bird Park Outing This Saturday, 29 Nov 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

F2point8

Sep 25, 2007
Upp Bt Timah
Hi guys and gals,

Want to go Jurong Bird Park for free? Read on!
I am quite a senior guy who loves photography. I just bought a 70-200 f2.8L & a 1.4X teleconverter and thinking of using it to capture nice birds at Jurong Bird park (JBP) this Saturday, 29 Nov 08. I am using Canon 30D.

I can bring in three Canon users (you get to enter JBP free of charge) who do not mind to give me some tips on how to take good photos with the telezoom lens. I take it as a tutorial/training session for me and I seriously want to learn. The persons who can share with me his expertise and knowledge are most welcome and treasured.

Can you please reply here stating your equipment and experience and pm me your contact so I can arrange to meet up on Saturday morning, most likely around 9.30 am plus or minus and I hope to stay till late noon if possible.

Thank you very much in advance for your coaching.

Raymond:)

Last edited:
No takers?
In view of time, I will open my invitation to Nikon users as well to share and learn. PM me.
Thanks.

Lao uncle?:bsmilie:

Just curious, your 30d is 1.6x crop factor so why do you still need a 1.4 tc?
200mm x 1.6 = 320mm, not enough?
320mm x 1.6 x 1.4 = 448mm.

upz for you, btw.

Pegasus
Ya, I am not exactly that old but definitely older than most of you...
Yes, I know that 320 is already quite good, but I want to have a better zoom with 1.4x TC to give me 448mm. So far, I have used it to take some moon shots and they turned out not too bad.

Cheers.

Hi Raymond,

I know its overdue for this post. But just wondering why must be canon or Nikon camera holder? If you really wish to learn about photogrphy, you should open to any camera user. Its better to have a good teacher with P&S which can give you some good pointers rather than one with an impressive camara but mediocre teacher. I for one don't believe in good camera equates good knowledge.

i think he would want to learn how to use his gear better. so Canon would be important. i dun think there is anything againist nikon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.