Not open for further replies.

300N

May 10, 2004
North East
www.photonski.com
Date : Sunday 26th Dec 04
Time : 9.00am - 12.00pm
Meeting time : 8.45 - 8.50am, location at main entance

Calling all CS members who love shooting birds, come along if you are free on that day. This outing consider of a small group of 4-5 pax. If you love to shoot birds or newbies can join in and all are welcome but limited to 5 pax only. Please PM me your name (nick) and contact number. If the response turned out to be no good, it will bw cancelled. Thank you.

Note : entrance fee on your own.

300n
:)

PM sent :)

300N said:
Christwings N icarus pm received. Thanks. See you on Sunday 26th Dec 04.

bro, can PM me your name and contact as well? Thanks !

300N said:
Check your pm, oreadi sent.

okie got it! Seeya this sunday!

Hi Guys, thank you all for turning up in the photoshoot and outing in JBP. Hope you all enjoy and have fun there. I see there are sharing of experience and skills in birds photography, that is a great achievement. Once again guys, thank you all for your participation.

300n

Hi 300N... nice meeting you and the group too...
Have yet to process the photos... so many...

It's nice to know you guys also, although it's not a very rewarding day. Cloudy in the morning, not much birds compare to my last visit, ganna disturb by a stupid parrot... ;) Maybe you guys have better shots than me... :)

Nice to meet all of u guys too! Thanks 300N for organizing this outing. Really enjoyed myself,but a bit tiring (thanks to my stupid tripod :sticktong ). Seeya guys at the next outing!

Hey guys! I guess i'm the most ill prepare for that day. No tele-lens only the kit lens... but i learn a lot from all of you. Here's some photos pls comment. :bsmilie:

Crossing
16038Flem_Crossing.jpg

SunBird
16038sunbird.jpg

Aust HoneyBird
16038Aust_Honey_Bird02.jpg

i like the first shot christwings...

For shot #2, that is the problem when the light is bad. The flash light will take over ambient light and make the subject look harsh and unnatural and the background very dark.
Tried bumping up the iso and use aperture priority but the shutter speed is still too slow for handholding. About 1/60s for 300 AF-S.
Can anyone advice on the best settings for handholding in these situations?

Shot #1 is :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: !

philip827 said:
Tried bumping up the iso and use aperture priority but the shutter speed is still too slow for handholding. About 1/60s for 300 AF-S.

This is a common problem you will face in bird photography. Unless the lighting condition is good, I will never recommand using handheld in this case (even with a VR lens).

Always use a tripod. When you get use to it, you will find that it is not that troublesome after all ;)

ccplim said:
Now......, where's yours? :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
will post them once i figure out how to post! :D

;)

Thanks ccplim! :thumbsup:

296DSC_1731-med.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.